Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Maintenance
private4587

Evoque Maintenance

My Evoque Dynamic is now out of warranty and in preparation of doing my own work i was wondering if anyone had a list of the various common torque values required. I have all the basic tools but need to get torque wrench. I know i may need two but would be interested what range would be required and either 3/8 or 1/2 drives thanks in advance
07-06-2018 09:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dinga

RE: Evoque Maintenance

I just replaced my oil, spark plugs and air filter. Now rough idle. Not sure what I did wrong or what to do next. It was all basic maintenance but I must have missed a step. Unhooking battery tomorrow. Hope that fixes it. Sleep now.
02-03-2019 06:37am
Derek Brown

RE: Evoque Maintenance

(07-06-2018 09:22am)private4587 Wrote:  My Evoque Dynamic is now out of warranty and in preparation of doing my own work i was wondering if anyone had a list of the various common torque values required. I have all the basic tools but need to get torque wrench. I know i may need two but would be interested what range would be required and either 3/8 or 1/2 drives thanks in advance

About 25- to 250nm half inch drive is about the most versatile.

To be honest, for most routine servicing, oil drain plug, brake caliper bolts, ancillary equipment most experienced people tighten by feel, though perhaps not everyone will admit it. You will find torque settings mainly for bolts/ nuts on critical applications eg wheel nuts, some threads which are into alloy eg sump plug. Most small stuff especially ancillary components, you will struggle to find torque values.

Hope this helps.
20-03-2019 10:36pm