Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque LOVING IT but door rattle
koan.2teps

Evoque LOVING IT but door rattle

Hi everyone!! Picked up the evoque last week and loving the driving experience every bit. Must admit, you get quite a lot of stares and glares on this car.

So everything is perfect (right now) apart from something which keeps nagging me..the driver's door panel area. It keeps making rattles/creaks especially when accelerating and decelerating or going over small bumps. I did manage to find a way to reduce the noise which was to roll down a bit of the window but this isn't a long term solution as i'll be constantly inhaling smog since I live in a very populated city.

I've tried searching around but it doesn't seem that many ppl have this problem and those who did, did not return to post the solution to their threads.

Would really appreciate it if anyone who also had a similar problem share their experience as to whether it was an easy fix or multiple visits were made back to the dealers. I will def arrange an appointment with the dealers though, but since they offer a free check-up at 600 miles (i just reached 200 miles), i'd probably wait to see if more symptoms float up before bringing her in.

Thanks in advance!
09-08-2012 03:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
invoke

RE: Evoque LOVING IT but door rattle

Concur !, Rattle is very annoying, I couldn't figure it out if its dash, steering wheel or door. The stealer as usual has shown least interest and don't even acknowledge on the work sheet. Time to call LR.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
09-08-2012 05:14am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

In one of the Autocar magazines I have recently read their car suffered this and they found that there are some wires in the rear panel that can become loose and rattle - their journalist claimed it totally ruined an otherwise superb interior - not sure myself that it is that extreme but it is annoying and in my car it is intermittent

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-08-2012 08:22am
DynamiqueDan

I had the a-pillar/door rattle thing and took it to the dealer. Sorted it out in a couple of hours and gave it a lovely clean as well!

Just take it to the dealer.
09-08-2012 03:19pm
evoquemayne

Did they say what it was Dan?
09-08-2012 05:20pm
andylel

(09-08-2012 03:42am)koan.2teps Wrote:  Hi everyone!! Picked up the evoque last week and loving the driving experience every bit. Must admit, you get quite a lot of stares and glares on this car.

So everything is perfect (right now) apart from something which keeps nagging me..the driver's door panel area. It keeps making rattles/creaks especially when accelerating and decelerating or going over small bumps. I did manage to find a way to reduce the noise which was to roll down a bit of the window but this isn't a long term solution as i'll be constantly inhaling smog since I live in a very populated city.

I've tried searching around but it doesn't seem that many ppl have this problem and those who did, did not return to post the solution to their threads.

Would really appreciate it if anyone who also had a similar problem share their experience as to whether it was an easy fix or multiple visits were made back to the dealers. I will def arrange an appointment with the dealers though, but since they offer a free check-up at 600 miles (i just reached 200 miles), i'd probably wait to see if more symptoms float up before bringing her in.

Thanks in advance!

I have had a very similar problems with my Evoque and other cars I have owned. I say similar because if I bring the window down just a few mm it disappears. In my cases it is always the door and or window rubbers and the solution is to give them a good clean and then put Autoglym rubber treatment on them. It never fails to stop it. If you want to be sure then smear some washing liquid around the rubbers. It's more temporary but will let you know whether it is them or not.

Hope this helps
09-08-2012 06:14pm
doug

(09-08-2012 06:14pm)andylel Wrote:  I have had a very similar problems with my Evoque and other cars I have owned. I say similar because if I bring the window down just a few mm it disappears. In my cases it is always the door and or window rubbers and the solution is to give them a good clean and then put Autoglym rubber treatment on them. It never fails to stop it. If you want to be sure then smear some washing liquid around the rubbers. It's more temporary but will let you know whether it is them or not.

Hope this helps

Welcome Andylel,
Very handy tip. Got any more.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
09-08-2012 06:37pm
koan.2teps

Thanks everyone for your reply! I will try putting some Autoglym rubber treatment and see if it reduces the noise. I've been driving with very loud music lately to cover up the rattles and boy do those meridian sound good!
10-08-2012 04:19am
B_o_b_o

I have the same problem.

Has anyone tried the cleaning solution and does it definitely work?
27-09-2013 03:02pm
m_101

There's a rattle kit (which I can only assume is some double sided tape) that Land Rover have brought out for this issue - mine is going in to have it fitted in 2 weeks. I'll let you all know how it goes but they're on back order at the factory at the moment.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
04-10-2013 01:10pm