Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Haggling
bcowell

Evoque Haggling

Potential new Evoque owner here, just curious if people have managed to get any discounts and been successful in haggling at all? The model I have spec'd is coming to around 75k... would getting them down to 70k be achievable or is this too much to hope for seeing as the Evoque is in such demand?

Can anyone tell me what discount they were able to negotiate or if they are uncomfortable with that in a dollar figure a percentage is fine.

I obviously want the best price possible but don't want to be looking at an unrealistic figure... I don't mind waiting a few months extra if it means I can get a discount.

Cheers
03-11-2011 12:13am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

RE: Evoque Haggling

Not a chance in the UK mate!
03-11-2011 12:22am
MPK

I couldn't get any discounts either Sad

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
03-11-2011 12:24am
Capital

(03-11-2011 12:13am)bcowell Wrote:  Potential new Evoque owner here, just curious if people have managed to get any discounts and been successful in haggling at all? The model I have spec'd is coming to around 75k... would getting them down to 70k be achievable or is this too much to hope for seeing as the Evoque is in such demand?

Can anyone tell me what discount they were able to negotiate or if they are uncomfortable with that in a dollar figure a percentage is fine.

I obviously want the best price possible but don't want to be looking at an unrealistic figure... I don't mind waiting a few months extra if it means I can get a discount.

Cheers

What are you being charged for dealer delivery?
03-11-2011 12:44am
bcowell

(03-11-2011 12:44am)Capital Wrote:  What are you being charged for dealer delivery?

Nothing yet I was emailed a price list and option list in RRP prices. The RRP price for the SD4 Pure Auto 5 door is $66082 on road with no extras. I have only been to the dealers once so far a few weeks back so haven't placed an order or attempted to haggle yet. Need to test drive before I do anything.

The RRP price excluding on roads is $59875, maybe it's just me but the on road costs seems pretty steep at 6k.
03-11-2011 12:51am
Capital

(03-11-2011 12:51am)bcowell Wrote:  Nothing yet I was emailed a price list and option list in RRP prices. The RRP price for the SD4 Pure Auto 5 door is $66082 on road with no extras. I have only been to the dealers once so far a few weeks back so haven't placed an order or attempted to haggle yet. Need to test drive before I do anything.

The RRP price excluding on roads is $59875, maybe it's just me but the on road costs seems pretty steep at 6k.

Some dealers will do a corporate dealer delivery depending on where you work. This can be a good saving. Other than that I have found only limited opportunity to negotiate being a new model and in demand but always worth a go I think.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 01:02am by Capital.)
03-11-2011 01:01am
Barneyridge

On road costs are stamp duty approx $2,300, dealer delivery $3,000 + rego $700. There is your $6,000. The dealer delivery I paid was $2,400 but Trivett at Parramatta (just went and had a sit in one) were $2,990.

As for discount, I had no luck. I did save some money as the dealer did not include the correct price for the optional wheels. I think a $5k discount would be very unlikely., but good luck if you can.

Trivett Parramatta said if I ordered one today the earliest delivery would be April/May

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
03-11-2011 02:55am
bcowell

This is the problem with wanting a car that is in high demand you lose any negotiation power. I'm not a tight ass but generally anything over 1k I haggle on price. I live in Sydney and am prepared to go or call every dealer within 100km radius of Sydney so I will see what they can do. It's not like they are selling Bread and Milk where they can expect repeat business every week or month typically someone holds on to a car for 5+ years so if they lose the sale that is a sale they will never get again even if they are having to discount by a few grand I'm sure they are still making top dollar.
03-11-2011 03:13am
Evoque U

Hi there,
We ordered our Evoque in August and after pricing it up with the dealer price list we thought it was a great price, what we forgot to add was the luxury tax (Si4 over $57000 or TD4/SD4 $75000), stamp duty, dealer delivery & rego . Prices do vary from dealer to dealer, the first one we went to gave us a price we thought was good but being bargain hunters we went to visit 2 more dealers and their prices were 8k above our first price. They obviously matched the first dealers price but because the first dealer had given us a good price and was completely honest with us we decided we would give him our order. It has been a great experience as he has kept in constant contact with updates and this saturday we will be driving a Si4 Dynamic coupe and a SD4 Prestige 5 Door.

So all I can say is make sure you ring around and harass every dealer till you get the price you want, it is a fantastic car.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
03-11-2011 04:07am
Capital

Yes it can be done but you need to put in the time and effort.

I managed just over 3k off the list price made up of reduced dealer delivery and small additional discount. I tried three sydney dealers only one was prepared to negotiate and happened to have one on order that suited me.
03-11-2011 04:19am