Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque - Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV)?
MW73

RE: Evoque - Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV)?

To pay cash most people would have to take around £45k out of the bank which is earning interest, for example 45k in a guaranteed income fund would earn you around £350 per month - stick that into your calculations and let me know if it would still be cheaperRolling Eyes
[/quote]
Roughly - 9.4% Return, please let me know what guaranteed income fund do you use? I'll have some of that as I can arrange finance if i decide to go that way for 5%!Very Happy:
11-05-2011 06:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wicksy

(11-05-2011 06:08pm)MW73 Wrote:  To pay cash most people would have to take around £45k out of the bank which is earning interest, for example 45k in a guaranteed income fund would earn you around £350 per month - stick that into your calculations and let me know if it would still be cheaperRolling Eyes
Roughly - 9.4% Return, please let me know what guaranteed income fund do you use? I'll have some of that as I can arrange finance if i decide to go that way for 5%!Very Happy:
[/quote]
Check out http://www.fairinvestment.co.uk - some plans return over 10% - depends what risks you are willing to take.
11-05-2011 08:00pm
Kermit

(10-05-2011 07:11pm)Alex Wrote:  14% interest.

Ouch! What are bank loan interest rates like in the UK? If I was going to borrow $ for the Evoque I'd use my line of credit which is currently in the low 7s.
12-05-2011 01:37am
Alex

14% was from Audi for the Q5, and I was shocked as it would be cheaper to buy it on a credit card almost (crazy amount for a large dealership). I guess Audi's view is the demand is so high for the Q5 that they do not need to encourage sales with finance offers.

Ford usually have low interest on their cars - 4% approx, which makes purchasing a new car from them more attractive, while I noticed recently the BMW 3 series are at 6%. So in comparison the Audi offer was disgusting. I think personal loans/home loans are between 7.5% - 11%.

We have always gone with dealership leasing, but I need to investigate the pro's and con's leasing bs buying (ie perhaps may be better to finance not with LR).

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
12-05-2011 07:03am
LRX
Banned

All the more shocking when the base rate is just 0.5%
12-05-2011 09:44am
Alex

(11-05-2011 02:13pm)paulus599 Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 12:17pm)Alex Wrote:  I will not have the £40K to pay in cash, but depends also how long I have to wait for the vehicle.  

The way things are looking at the moment, saving £10 a week should get us well on the way to the full cash price! Very Happy

(12-05-2011 09:44am)LRX Wrote:  All the more shocking when the base rate is just 0.5%

Yeah I know!Evil

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
12-05-2011 10:46am
griff

(10-05-2011 07:11pm)Alex Wrote:  I was curious on Finance options with Land Rover for the Evoque and I assume there will be large majority who have placed a deposit are not buying their car outright.

Does anyone know when the Guaranteed Minimum Future Value (GMFV) for the Evoque will be announced? Also as the vehicle will be in high demand I’m guessing the interest with any of the LR finance packages will be quite high - any ideas what they may offer?

Last month when we looked at the Audi Q5 for £38K with an £18K deposit the best Audi could offer us was one of their packages at 14% interest.
Drive the deal are showing Evoques now at a PCP rate of 9.7% and GMFV of about £15,500 on a Prestige Coupe SD4 fully loaded (£45k with £170 discount!) based on 16,000 miles a year over 4 years £619 pm £11,000 down

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 12:48pm by griff.)
12-05-2011 12:47pm
ajmooseman

First time I've looked in to PCP, there are many arguments for or against, however due to other projects and other situations in family life, I decided not to dip into my savings to fund the evoque.
Hopefully going to get around 15k for the Cayenne, so I've been searching the web.

theses guys are quoting 7.4% APR

http://www.broker4cars.co.uk/Buy/New_Car...c+3dr+Auto

hope the link works

seems a quite a good deal, I've still had no response form Landrover on their projected figures..has anyone..
15-07-2011 10:41am
SW6RR

There's a finance thread on the forum. I think griff has 6.5% fixed. I'm going for for a floating rate - 3.5% above Base (Improved from yesterday's 4% above base!).

There are probably better deals out there than 7.5% base (subject to the usual credit rating malarkey),
15-07-2011 10:44am
Alex

I have taken mine out fixed with my dealer at 5.5% (3 years).

We could have plunged our savings into the car and saved the interest but I rather have my savings as a back up as opposed to cleaning myself dry.

The interest rate is good, and we went for the LR freedom package.

15-07-2011 12:48pm