Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Diesel recall
barks

RE: Evoque Diesel recall

(23-09-2013 12:28pm)Ringo Wrote:  Barks
They quoted me about an hour, booked in for early next Monday and can wait for it, hopefully there is a good breakfast cafe near to kill the time

Got mine done yesterday, I was back on the road at 9am, nice cup of coffee in the waiting room. All good no work needed doing and they even gave it a (very) quick wash/rinse off!

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
25-09-2013 06:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Amadeus

+1 barks, except for the free wash (it was pretty clean anyway). No work needed. I LOVE MY CAR!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2013 09:22pm by Amadeus.)
29-09-2013 09:20pm
Ringo

Add another, in at 7.40 got a call at about 8.10. All OK, nothing needed doing, had only washed it yesterday so I was on my way before 8.30

TD4 Pure Coupe, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof, auto head lights
Ordered : Early Aug, Build :Nov 21 :Boat arrived 9th Jan,Very Happy Dealer called, picking up Friday Jan 25th
30-09-2013 11:40am
muff

Mine was in dealers last week for another issue (minor) and they told me about the recall as I had no clue about it. Top marks to Taggarts in Glasgow ex Sheilds. All checked, no problem and car returned gleaming
30-09-2013 09:16pm
IvorRedOne

Topix Fuel spill rail recall P033

A concern has been identified where diesel fuel can leak from the spill return connector joint where it mates with the fuel injector spill return spigot. Fuel odor may be smelled and in some circumstances with the vehicle static, there could be liquid fuel underneath the front of the vehicle, which in the presence of an ignition source, could lead to a fire. Furthermore, it is possible for a vehicle to catch fire should sufficient liquid fuel spill onto the hot exhaust components under the bonnet.

Question 1
Why is Jaguar Land Rover Limited recalling certain Freelander 2/LR2 and Range Rover Evoque models?

Answer
Jaguar Land Rover Limited is conducting a voluntary safety recall involving certain 2012/14 Model Year Land Rover Freelander 2/LR2 and Range Rover Evoque diesel engine derivative vehicles. Customers will be asked to take their vehicles to an approved repairer to have their vehicle inspected and where required a revised spill return pipe fitted.

Question 2
Can you tell me more about what is wrong with the vehicles?

Answer
Engineering analysis of field reports of diesel fuel leaks from the joint between the fuel injector fuel return spigot and the spill return pipe has concluded that during the manufacturing process the joint integrity may have become compromised. The ‘O’ Ring seal used on the spill rail connector may be rolled down the spigot allowing a breach of the seal. During the investigation into this condition of the manufacturing assembly process it was further revealed that small slivers of plastic contamination can be generated by the assembly process which may breach the O-ring seal in the injector fuel return spigot causing a fuel leak path.

Question 3
How would the customer become aware of potentially having this concern?

Answer
In the event of a leak diesel fuel odor may be noticeable and liquid fuel may be visible on the ground under the vehicle. In exceptional circumstances it is possible that smoke may be seen from the under bonnet area followed by flames.

Question 4
Does this concern affect vehicle safety?

Answer
Jaguar Land Rover Limited has determined that escaping liquid fuel could lead to a risk to other road users and an increased risk of fire in the presence of a suitable ignition source.

Question 5
Has Jaguar Land Rover Limited received many complaints?

Answer
Jaguar Land Rover Limited has received 25 complaints for this issue.

Question 6
Have there been any accidents or injuries or fires?

Answer
Jaguar Land Rover Limited has attributed 16 cases of fire to this issue. There have been no reports of accidents or injuries relating to this concern of which Jaguar Land Rover Limited is aware.

Question 7
How was the condition discovered?

Answer
The condition was identified through Land Rover’s dealer technical field reporting process.

Question 8
How long has Jaguar Land Rover Limited known about this problem?

Answer
A pattern of reports started to emerge in January 2013.

Question 9
Is the defect leading you to any concerns regarding the reliability of a system, which is supposed to be designed and engineered for the passengers' safety? What type of measures are you planning to take?

Answer
We have no concerns with the overall reliability of the vehicle. Jaguar Land Rover Limited carefully monitors field data to ensure that any matters relating to safety and compliance are rigorously investigated.

Question 10
What has Jaguar Land Rover Limited done in production?

Answer
Production vehicles have engines that have had the spill rail pipe connectors assembled with a new manufacturing procedure ensuring that the joint is robust and leak free.

Question 11
What will Authorised Repairers do to the vehicles?

Answer
Authorised Repairers will inspect vehicles for signs of fuel leakage. Where leakage is present the technician will replace the O-rings on injector spigots and fit a new revised spill rail assembly using an alignment tool to ensure robust assembly.

Question 12
Which vehicles are affected by this recall?

Answer
Certain 2012/14 Model Year Land Rover Freelander 2/LR2 and Range Rover Evoque Diesel engine derivative vehicles manufactured as below:- Freelander 2/LR2 Vehicles within the VIN range SALFA2CC5CH****** to SALFA2DC5DH****** and SALFA2AB1CL****** to SALFA2AB5DL******manufactured between January 2012 to June 2013 at Jaguar Land Rover Limited’s Halewood (UK) and Pune (India) manufacturing plants are potentially affected. Range Rover Evoque Vehicles within the VIN range SALVA1BC6CH****** to SALVA2CE3DH****** manufactured between January 2012 to June 2013 at Jaguar Land Rover Limited’s Halewood (UK) manufacturing plant are potentially affected.

Question 13
Are other Land Rover models affected by these actions?

Answer
No other models are known to be affected by this condition.

Question 14
Are parts available to rework vehicles?

Answer
Parts are available for Land Rover authorised repairers to conduct this repair.

Question 15
How much will the recall cost Jaguar Land Rover Limited?

Answer
Cost was not a factor in deciding to recall these vehicles.

Question 16
How do I know if my Land Rover Freelander 2/LR2 or Range Rover Evoque vehicle is affected?

Answer
All owners of potentially affected vehicles will shortly receive a letter inviting them to contact a Land Rover Authorised Repairer for the work to be carried out.

Question 17
How long does it take for the car to be inspected and repaired?

Answer
The work will be carried out as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to minimise inconvenience to customers and is expected to take no longer than 1 hour to complete. Naturally, due to dealer schedules, vehicles may be required for longer.

Question 18
Can I continue to drive my Land Rover Freelander 2/LR2 or Range Rover Evoque vehicle safely until it has been recalled?

Answer
Customers are advised to contact a Land Rover Authorised Repairer should they have any concerns regarding diesel fuel leaks from the low pressure injector spill rail.
09-10-2013 04:43pm
BA74

Great info thanks!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
11-10-2013 12:44pm