Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Coupe Rival?
Blackseries

Evoque Coupe Rival?

A 3 door version of the Mini Countryman will be produced from next year. To my eyes it looks a lot better than the 5 door (not hard) but as I've mentioned I speced up a Countryman to Evoque Pure spec .... in Diesel Auto form and it came in at £30k - and I would imagine this will be even more expensive. One thing it has going for it .... it has pillarless doors which I rather like ... oh and TLC

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoex...eaked.html

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
22-07-2011 03:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brommy

RE: Evoque Coupe Rival?

Interesting but definitely not the car for me! Spending £30k on a mini makes £35k for a Range Rover, albeit a 'small' RR, look like a bargain.
22-07-2011 03:54pm
SW6RR

Agree - and given that the only mini I would ever buy would be a classic mini - £30k is one hell of a rip off!
22-07-2011 03:59pm
cjfp

And it's a 'No thank you' from me too.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
22-07-2011 04:46pm
brommy

I have now looked at the images and read the Auto Express report, including their statement about it being an Evoque rival. Shocked I have not yet seen an Evoque close up, but if it's just a 'jacked-up Mini', I won't be ordering one. From all the videos and pictures I've seen I have high hopes that it isn't! Wink
22-07-2011 05:29pm
xxxx5

to be honest i looked at a mini countryman before placing my order. I was was put off by a couple of things, firstly specing one to my taste came to £32k, not great VFM, secondly there are some nasty stories about build quality on some minis, and thirdly the boot was small to fit a pram and a couple of bags.

so not for me, plus I wanted a RR badge on my bonnet!

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
22-07-2011 06:07pm
Fox

Sorry, but the Mini Countryman looks like SCensoredt.
I saw a 5 door in the metal and was almost sick. The three door doesn't look much better.
It's one ugly critter. No comparison to the Evoque IMO.

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2011 09:30pm by Fox.)
22-07-2011 09:29pm
brommy

(22-07-2011 09:29pm)Fox Wrote:  Sorry, but the Mini Countryman looks like SCensoredt.
I saw a 5 door in the metal and was almost sick. The three door doesn't look much better.
It's one ugly critter. No comparison to the Evoque IMO.

Whilst I agree with your opinion, looks are subjective and I would still respect anyone who said they preferred the looks of the Mini over the Evoque (even though they are wrong Wink).

I still don't understand why Auto Express chose to link the two cars in the same report.Confused

Idea

Unless they are riding the current Evoque bandwagon. Rolling Eyes
22-07-2011 09:58pm