Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Convertible - No Screen Wash Warning
Keith

Evoque Convertible - No Screen Wash Warning

Quite surprised to find out that the convertible does not have a low screen wash warning?
Staying in the north east of Scotland, for 6 months of the year we go through a lot of screen wash Laughing
For a car that was in the guts of 50k you would think this would have been something required.
All our previous evoque's have had it, generally something we see flash on the dash very regularly, now will have to be a weekly check, not overly impressed but find it so strange. Does this sound right?
Could this be added in somehow?
09-02-2017 11:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Evoque Convertible - No Screen Wash Warning

Does seem an odd omission, it's standard on all other Evoque, and I cant imagine the Convertible is very different behind the front bumper, and the bottle would be the same as any other Evoque, worth investigating with the dealer incase it's just not working?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-02-2017 11:29am
Keith

spoken with the supplying dealer, they had another come in to the dealership today and say that their washer fluid indicator was also not working. Unbelievable, didn't think for a second that they just wouldn't have it.
I have raised it with land rover and awaiting to hear if it can be added at a later date.
Every single person I have spoken to about it have been surprised, or just don't believe that it's the case but it is very much looking like it is.
09-02-2017 03:29pm
syl

Do you have headlamp washers?

There was a post years ago suggesting those with headlamp washers have a larger bottle with a sensor and those that don't have a smaller bottle without a sensor. Halogen and LED lamps don't have washers.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Window-wa...vel-sensor

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Wot-No-sc...el-warning

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017 06:54pm by syl.)
09-02-2017 06:49pm
Trapdoor

I was going to flag mine with my dealer as I ran out of fluid on the way home in the crappy weather when they had been madly gritting the M5 - no warning just no fluid.

Pretty sure my manual says there will be a warning, my in-control shows washer fluid OK yet I ran out. I have the LED headlights with no headlamp washers ....

Gonna be pretty damned mad if the sensor isn't fitted and 'wired out' ... how bloody stupid and plain penny-pinching is that on a £56,000 car?

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
09-02-2017 07:16pm