Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
STOLEN YN13WJA Black Evoque
Killbill

STOLEN YN13WJA Black Evoque

Read this story today in the papers.
Really felt sorry for this guy. Perhaps we should have a sticky post for stolen cars? hopefully with the size of our community someone may spot one of these. I know I always notice an evoque when one drives by.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/loca...es-3342652

(This post was last modified: 21-09-2019 01:37pm by Killbill.)
21-09-2019 01:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: STOLEN YN13WJA Black Evoque

Well he was a bit naive about “the car was keyless, I just don’t know how they stole it”. Surely he must have read something in the press or on line about how vulnerable keyless entry systems are and the need to use a Faraday Pouch even inside your house?
He has my sympathy, I just hope he has it fully insured.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-09-2019 03:23pm
Killbill

Yep. I hear you. I wonder if he had both keys or it could have been a scam from the get go as in the sale was setup.
I guess at this point it’s just a guess work.

Ref the faraday pouch. My one seems to drain the key battery a lot quicker then keeping one with out it. But for the cost of the cheap battery I’d rather not loose the car!

I do feel for him. I had saved for a year before buying my one.
21-09-2019 03:37pm
chez

If you haven't bought a Faraday pouch yet, an option is to keep the keys in your microwave oven. The keys will be totally shielded in there. Just remember to tell your better half what you have done!!
21-09-2019 07:24pm
Peterstopcrime

Very very few landrovers are being stolen by key relay theft, all keyless models can be stolen in less than one minute by programming a new key to the vehicle via the OBD port. If you are serious about theft proofing your vehicle this is where you need to target. Remove the power wire to the port or fit an aftermarket alarm to your car but please remember 76% of all vehicle thefts are via house burglary. A short video showing you how quickly your car can be stolen https://twitter.com/peterstopcrime/statu...06433?s=21
22-09-2019 09:01am