Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk
Stevemac1

RE: Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk

(29-08-2013 10:09pm)musher Wrote:  Same as mine although it took them around an hour to check it. According to my local dealer they were only informed about this themselves last Friday and has it hasn't gone public yet have been quite surprised as to how many people already know about the recall and I was asked how I had found out about it!!

likewise, I just dropped "spill rail recall" into casual conversation and the service manager looked as if he'd been caught in the headlights!! "Who told you about that??"

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
30-08-2013 08:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wavey.dave

my dealer is going to sort this and the rubber door seals out the same time, although they were adamant this isn't a recall, its a service action.

[Image: 143277.png]
30-08-2013 02:47pm
Evo-king

(29-08-2013 06:33pm)cjfp Wrote:  Evo-king - just checking, are you seeing all these at the top right under Outstanding Campaigns ? I see the list you detail above but in the bottom left in What's New

This list appears on the first screen/page whatever that is.

On outstanding campaigns the Fuel Leak - Spill Rail is the only one item showing.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-08-2013 08:54pm
cjfp

(30-08-2013 08:54pm)Evo-king Wrote:  This list appears on the first screen/page whatever that is.

On outstanding campaigns the Fuel Leak - Spill Rail is the only one item showing.
The outstanding campaigns are the only things that apply to your car - the other list is 'all' documents added to Topix

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-08-2013 09:02pm
Evo-king

Cheers cjfp.

Well in that case I'll wait to hear from my dealer. September is holiday month, so no big hurry.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-08-2013 09:25pm
Inges

Got a recall for the same issue with my car as well. Gonna call the dealer on monday.

/Inge

Collected: 15.06.2012
Prestige TD4 Santorini Black, Manual, Dyn & Prestige Tech Pack, 825W Sound System, Surround Camera System, Privacy Glass, Adp. Bi-Xenon, Panoramic Roof, Cherry/Ivory

[Image: 166903.png]
31-08-2013 08:05am
speary

Called my dealer this morning and he did know about it. He said that 4% of cars with the engine (JLR/ Ford etc.) were found to need the fix. Apparently its a while you wait check and mine is in tomorrow morning

On topix there is also a report on black sludge from the Haldex coupling. I wonder if this is related to the crunching noise that some owners, me included have heard when slow manoeuvring.
I know this is cheeky but could somebody with a subscription post the full report on this Embarrassed

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
02-09-2013 08:29am
J77

Had the Freelander in today, all OK nothing needed doing other than software updates. Car was in an 1hr 1/2 including a valet.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
02-09-2013 12:11pm
cjfp

My FL2 in today also - all appears ok ...... well, it hasn't caught fire yet !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
02-09-2013 12:16pm
Stadt Panzer

Evoque 2.2 recall confirmed in Uk

Had the car in for an annoying rattle that had developed in the roof area, dealer phoned and said they had found the cause, the antenna tray was loose, whilst it was in I asked about the recall, they knew nothing, took a look on topix and even then they couldn't open it. Took a call to Land Rover Germany Service Centre before they could sort it out!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
03-09-2013 12:23pm