Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evogue vs X6
PhilSkill

RE: Evogue vs X6

If your heart isn't telling you straight off, the best way is to see them both in the metal and test drive them if you can and see which suits your needs/likes most, then if availability suits your decision is made. If it's for family and kids I doubt the 0-60 factor etc will really be much of a difference to you. Another thing to consider is ongoing running costs, Full 4wd may be a bit more in servicing etc.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-10-2011 03:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hybris

X6 is not rubbish in snow! That is true BS! Top Gear? The BMW haters? Yeah that is truly some program I would use to reference BMW. I can tell you the X5 and X6 is superb in snow! I have driven both and I have snow 6 months per year. Real snowy and icy roads! The X5 is the best winter car I have ever had. Better than the Audis, Volvos and Saabs I have owned. So anyone saying a BMW with X-drive is a bad car in winter is full of BS!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
19-10-2011 04:51pm
Urban Splash

If Clarkson says its rubbish, it must be....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
19-10-2011 04:56pm
hybris

This is the type of conditions I drive a lot in. Never ever got stuck in my X5 with Nokian Hakka 5 SUV!

The X6 is as good as the X5 in snow if not better due to the dynamic stability control.

Case closed. X5/X6 or any other BMW x-drive is an excellent winter car!
Clarkson is a fun guy. But what do he know about cars? Really! Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 05:23pm by hybris.)
19-10-2011 05:15pm
Urban Splash

see:

Smile

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
19-10-2011 07:05pm
hybris

As I told you I have an X5 (E70) and live and drive in Sweden. Had the car for 3 years. Who do you believe? I would not invent and have no reason to not tell you how it is. X5 with winter tires and a person who can drive in the snow its the best winter car I have had ever!
I have seen that Clarkson review of the X6 and its one of the worst test I have seen of a car ever!

(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 07:12pm by hybris.)
19-10-2011 07:10pm
rchrdleigh

(19-10-2011 07:10pm)hybris Wrote:  As I told you I have an X5 (E70) and live and drive in Sweden. Had the car for 3 years. Who do you believe? I would not invent and have no reason to not tell you how it is. X5 with winter tires and a person who can drive in the snow its the best winter car I have had ever!
I have seen that Clarkson review of the X6 and its one of the worst test I have seen of a car ever!

You make a number of valid assumptions.
You live in Sweden and have lots of snow every winter.
You fit winter tyres as the amount of snow you have justifies doing so.
You can drive in snow because you have lots of snow and therefore lots of experience of driving in snow
An X5 might be the best winter car you've had ever but don't try taking it off road. I heard of an X5 which tried to do a Land Rover Experience off road course last summer and left on the back of a transporter with its chassis twisted.

So yes it might be brilliant in snow in the right hands and on the right tyres but it has its limitations just like any car.
19-10-2011 07:49pm
PhilSkill

(19-10-2011 07:49pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  You make a number of valid assumptions.
You live in Sweden and have lots of snow every winter.
You fit winter tyres as the amount of snow you have justifies doing so.
You can drive in snow because you have lots of snow and therefore lots of experience of driving in snow
An X5 might be the best winter car you've had ever but don't try taking it off road. I heard of an X5 which tried to do a Land Rover Experience off road course last summer and left on the back of a transporter with its chassis twisted.

So yes it might be brilliant in snow in the right hands and on the right tyres but it has its limitations just like any car.

And Don't forget we have the wrong kind of snow in the UK Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-10-2011 08:12pm
hybris

Again we have roads in Sweden. We don't drive off road. That is a 5% scenario over here. Have just been in the London area of the UK so don't have a clue how much off road driving you do over there. If I lived in a third world country I would plan for a Landcruiser. Wink

My wife do come from a hot country. Not used to drive in the snow. The X5 is excellent for her. I drive a back wheel drive BMW 1-series convertible in the snow. There you have why I need a safe 4*4. Not for me. Im used to the terrible winter weather.

Never had and probably will never have any need for off road. So that is not a factor at all in my choice of car. If it is for you then a Defender, Landcruiser, Hummer, Jeep is probably what you want to compare. Not BMWs...

19-10-2011 08:21pm
exigejoe

Hybris you from Liban?

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
19-10-2011 08:29pm