Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who to Believe
MarkW

Who to Believe

We've finally found an Evoque that the Mrs likes. Went and viewed it today. It's a Landmark edition on an 18 plate.
Had a good nose around it and asked a few questions. Have now come home and read the website sales blurb in more detail.
But the salesman said it wasn't keyless entry but the website says it is.
Salesman said it wasn't keyless enrty but website says it is.

Which is more liable to be right. I know salesmen don't know every detail but then again the blurb on the website could be just generic.

Anyone know the spec of a 2018 Landmark?
16-03-2019 06:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Who to Believe

Have you tried Google and Topix? If you can get the VIN of the car then Topix will give you the full built spec. Not sure if you can build a Land Mark on the configurator but that might be a start for the spec

Edit: Land Rover website says keyless entry is standard - I would believe the website not the salesman - ask for a test drive, get out and try locking it using the dimple on the door handle to activate the lock, the unlock it with the fob in your pocket, that should make it pretty conclusive! If the car won’t lock or unlock with the fib not on display then the salesman was right............ which engine are you going for? I suspect that the (yet more) stick JLR has had recently about the security of keyless entry systems gas probably meant the salesmen are briefed to give slightly untrue info.....
https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/evo...index.html

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-03-2019 09:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-03-2019 09:28pm
MarkW

Many thanks for yopur help and advice. I have the reg number but not the VIN. It's an ex LR managers car. It's 12 months old with circa 10K on the clock. It ticks all our boxes apart from the price but thats something we will have to live with if we want it.
17-03-2019 11:20am
MarkW

To save me a trip back to the dealers, we emailed the saleman and asked the question. Apparently it does have keyless, no idea why he said it didn't. As for the front camera that is advertised, it is not accessable by the driver, it's for driving technologies. So not a real camera in my mind.
But at least we have the answers we wanted. But they don't seem keen to offer a sensible discount. On a car that they want £35K for they are only talking a £750 discount with no chance of anything thrown in like mats or other accessories. Just a case now of who blinks first
19-03-2019 09:56am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well the end of quarter sales figures at that dealership must be very good if they aren’t desperate to sell you the car, even with a discount. Wait another week, call them back and if they don’t want to deal mention that you have seen another one at another dealership and they are happy to deal.........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-03-2019 07:30pm
MarkW

Sales aren't good at all. My bro in law works there as a part time delivery driver. Driving customer cars backwards and forwards before/after services.
The £750 discount was as a trade deal. My mate owns a garage nearby and they offered that price to him, I was there when he called up.
As it turns out , she's decided not to have the Landmark, apart from the nice colour it is lower spec than a HSE. But parked next to it, was a car the same age, 5K more miles HSE Dynamic for £1K less. So looks like that is going to be the car. Going for a test drive this weekend
21-03-2019 09:50pm