Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electronic Parking Brake
Xvoyag

Electronic Parking Brake

On activation/deactivation of the EPB, is this noise normal?

27-11-2011 05:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Electronic Parking Brake

(27-11-2011 05:00am)Xvoyag Wrote:  On activation/deactivation of the EPB, is this noise normal?

Yup, my Audi A5 makes a similar noise...
27-11-2011 10:08am
griff

That is the electric motor on the brake but on my evoque it last about a second as the brake engages/disengages and is almost silent. I think that video is overhyped

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
27-11-2011 10:24am
bogstomper

There's definitely a noise as it engages / disengages but that was the same with my Audi which also had an EPB so I don't see it as unusual. This sounds like it was recorded from outside the car and on a different vehicle - inside it's much less obvious.
27-11-2011 01:01pm
Xvoyag

Thanks all. I noticed it during a test drive, not very pronounced but noticeable. Wanted to confirm the info provided by a salesperson.
27-11-2011 03:40pm
Straydox

On the same topic of the EPB, I know from my test drive that it auto-releases if the vehicle is in a forward gear with the engine running.

Does it do the same in reverse? The reason for asking is that I've learnt in my similarly equipped Audi not to park in steep parking spaces where the only drive away option is reverse gear.

The Audi needs the footbrake pressed to release the handbrake in reverse plus you need to be on the clutch and accelerator pedals as well - I've only got the standard human configuration of two feet and such a challenge really needs three!

Does the Hill Hold function work in reverse too?
27-11-2011 05:30pm
Louie

I have the Jaguar XF at present awaiting delivery of my Pure Evoque. The EPB does work in reverse on my automatic box. I assume that is the same on the Evoque as on the X F being the same parent company. In the XF there is no noise from the EPB when moving off.

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
27-11-2011 09:29pm
PhilSkill

Does the EBP work on the Front/Rear or all 4?

Ok think I just answered that myself, the noise of the EBP engaging/disengaging comes from the rear!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 02:29pm by PhilSkill.)
12-12-2011 02:18pm
cjfp

EPB - works on rears

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-12-2011 05:07pm
cjfp

Just a reminder if you have an evoque AND a freelander - the freelander does not have automatic epb when you turn off the engine and you have to manually engage the 'handbrake' (whatever that is!)..... luckily it was quite flat where I'd parked else she would have been really p!ssed off had we returned to find HER car buried into the wall opposite!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-04-2012 08:14pm