Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Electrical issues
BRO-T

Electrical issues

Hi all,

It feels like my Evoque is getting worse and worse. It started with the cruise control intermittently working. Booked in at the dealer, whilst i was waiting for that appointment, my Evoque decided to lock me out of the car, and all electrics inside wouldn't work. dash screen, center audio, reversing camera. nothing. It went to the dealer and they replaced the cruise control buttons and the rear camera. Apparently there is a "known fault" with the cameras leaking.

Anyway, that was about 3 months ago. My car is booked in for next week, as all of ,my steering wheel controls have failed now. They sporadically work when they want to. I also have troubles sometimes starting the car. Always asking for my foot to be on the brake. Also, the DAB radio can take ages to locate a station, the bluetooth skips and jumps whilst streaming and phone calls. I feel like there is something seriously wrong with my car and its getting worse and worse.

I love my Evoque, but i can't keep having these issues. Rant over!!
29-05-2013 07:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuH

Electrical issues

I'm pretty sure you have to have your foot on the brake to start it.
06-06-2013 01:41pm
PhilSkill

RE: Electrical issues

In manual it's the clutch, but I guess in an Auto it's the brake or can it be in Park?, but sounds like correct operation...

All sounding like a loose connector BRO-T, hope dealers can find it...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-06-2013 02:10pm
RRSteve

RE: Electrical issues

(06-06-2013 01:41pm)SuH Wrote:  I'm pretty sure you have to have your foot on the brake to start it.

I think he means even with the foot on the brake it still asks as though it doesn't think he is. Wink
06-06-2013 02:10pm