Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Efficient Driveline?
Bryan m

RE: Efficient Driveline?

It depends how much it saves in company car tax payments!
30-03-2015 12:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

Active Driveline should have a slight impact on CO2. The big impact on CO2 will be with the new ingenium engine, which now also focuses on the reduction of NOX.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
30-03-2015 01:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I read in the Driving Section of the Sunday Times yesterday that BMW and Audi are very worried about the Ingenium Engines as between them they have no equivalent sized engines that can get similarly low CO2 and are as smooth and quiet as the Ingenium 2.0ltr. Both makers rely on very old designs of 2.0ltr TD's that have been modified as the EU regs have changed and there is a big question mark as to how they achieved their figures, Ingenium has been designed from scratch to be highly efficient, quiet, smooth and have low emissions.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-03-2015 01:55pm
J77

I'm not too keen on the idea of adblue being used, I assume it lasts until service intervals, in that case it isn't too much of a concern.

The coaches/buses at work get topped up every night but I think they could get two tanks of fuel to one adblue. I think not 100% certain

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
30-03-2015 02:19pm
AndyFrance

(30-03-2015 02:19pm)J77 Wrote:  I'm not too keen on the idea of adblue being used, I assume it lasts until service intervals, in that case it isn't too much of a concern.

The coaches/buses at work get topped up every night but I think they could get two tanks of fuel to one adblue. I think not 100% certain

When I ordered the MY2016 a couple of weeks ago, the dealer didn't have the new model brochure, so he photo copied some LR to dealer brief sheets. My scanner is on the blink, so I can't load the actual document, but it states the DEF (adblue) may have to be refilled between service. It says it all depends on driving style. There will be a total of 4 reminders shown on the driver's screen. Below is my interpretation in English. As the info is written in French, I cannot say for sure what the warning's will exactly say in English on UK versions. Action required in bracket's.

1. Refill DEF - ( you'll have to fill 2x 1.9 ltr within 2400km)
2. Add DEF - ( 1500km before starting impossible)
3. Starting impossible in 800km - (message will stay on screen and countdown distance)
4. Starting impossible - ( Fill 2x 1.9 ltr to start)

I think we have the EU to thank for this!
(This post was last modified: 30-03-2015 07:56pm by AndyFrance.)
30-03-2015 07:52pm