Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ebay Roof Rails
ChuckieB

RE: Ebay Roof Rails

Once on you"ll love the look. Just make sure you make the right choice of colour between the black and the chrome.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
20-09-2012 02:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(20-09-2012 12:39pm)Neo Wrote:  Yup, I bought the Thule rail system already but haven't mounted them on yet. The reason why I wanted to change to the this rail system is bc I wanted the roof to be wrapped in black vinyl. However it is not recommended as the Thule unit will scratch the vinyl and tear it. I was planning to sell the Thule racks then buy this eBay roof rails and then be able to get the roof wrapped in vinyl. Am I crazy with this logic??? Otherwise I prob forget about the roof wrap and just use the Thule racks instead?

Why do you think the Thule will scratch and tear the vinyl? It hasn't left any marks on my paint so as long as you fit carefully they should be fine
20-09-2012 08:58pm
cutter7

Am I crazy with this logic???

Yes..you will love these rails..Very Happy

20-09-2012 09:22pm
Barneyridge

(20-09-2012 09:28am)Neo Wrote:  Guys, I'm planning of getting these rails too but was wondering if the ate easily removed once installed? I'm gonna be using them once or twice a year so prefer them to be uninstalled most of the time.

Neo, something from left field, I got these for my Dad for his birthday. I thought I might get myself a set just to have for occasional use. Obviously with the pan roof the weight of any object would be an issue, but the racks themselves only hold up to 20 kgs

Infaltable roof racks

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
21-09-2012 12:24am
Neo

Ebay Roof Rails

Cool, I've seen those being used by snow goers for skis and snowboards, definately versatile. I'm wondering with the Thule roof rails if they put alot of pressure on the panoroof? Not sure if the base of the Thule rails touches the glass roof at all? Maybe I should mount it on and see the impact? Otherwise might go for the eBay rails.

Anyone comments with the thule rails and the pano roof? Thanks

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
21-09-2012 12:35am
WB
WB

(21-09-2012 12:35am)Neo Wrote:  Cool, I've seen those being used by snow goers for skis and snowboards, definately versatile. I'm wondering with the Thule roof rails if they put alot of pressure on the panoroof? Not sure if the base of the Thule rails touches the glass roof at all? Maybe I should mount it on and see the impact? Otherwise might go for the eBay rails.

Anyone comments with the thule rails and the pano roof? Thanks

The thule rails don't go anywhere near the Pano roof - they attach just above the door on the metal... unlike the LR rails which do go right next to the glass. IIRC a member had his pano glass cracked when the dealer installed his rails so in my view the Thules are less of a risk.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 11:34am by WB.)
21-09-2012 09:24am
Neo

Ebay Roof Rails

Cool, thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! I will install the thule rails to find out.

Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

21-09-2012 10:30am
Izzy

I have the eBay roof rails and crossbars. I installed initially then removed cause I had my roof painted(pano roof). Reinstall took 20 minutes but I would not make it a habit. Removing crossbars will take literally 10 minutes. If anything, I would just remove crossbars vs trying to remove the whole setup. Fit and finish is very impressive, and support from the seller catiautomotive(ebay id) has been very positive across the board(I had bought mudflaps and transcender running boards).
22-09-2012 06:42pm
Neo

Ebay Roof Rails

Izzy, did you paint the roof in gloss or metallic black? Also how much did it cost you? I got a quote to respray mine for $1400. The resprayer also said removing all the roof parts was quite complicated with all the trims, etc. did you have any concerns or issues?

(This post was last modified: 23-09-2012 06:37am by Neo.)
22-09-2012 11:57pm
Izzy

@Neo: I got mine painted Firenze Red with LR verified color coding since I was anal about wanting it to look stock. My stock color is all barolo black. Got a local top tier paintshop perform the spray for $600. I actually got all the silver trim painted glossy black as well(grill, side emblems, splash guards, boot trim) for 1100 total. Had 4 nice paintshops give estimates and they were a hundred or so different. Went with the shop that did a bunch of Ferrari's and classic Mercs(having a spray booth was a must for me). Bear in mind that I have a pano roof so the total roof area is not that big. It's really 3 panels and they removed the spoiler to paint separately. They also took everything apart without issue(although the bumper was a pain because the 3 parts of the bumper was plastic welded). I'll post pics tomorrow. Oh and the shop had a ton of experience painting LRs and such so I'm sure that impacted the price(faster with taking stuff off so less labor). It took them about a week. Well 5 days but they had to wait for my powdercoated wheels to return.
23-09-2012 03:01am