Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EPB re-applied
Malc16V

RE: EPB re-applied

Good instructions guys, thanks.

I placed the park brake into service mode very easily. Then switched ignition off

I did disconnect the electrical plugs to the calipers just to make sure. The clips are a bit fiddly, but in finally work out how to release them using a small screwdriver at the bottoms of the clip to free the plastic catch. The clips looks as though it has a fancy release mechanism at the top, but it is not the case.

Both pistons wound back in clockwise very easily with a calliper windback tool.

When I came to take the vehicle out of park brake service mode, it seeemd a little more fiddly. But it turned out that after holding up the handbrake switch and pressing the accelerator, I had to turn the ignition off and on quite quickly. If you allow too bigger gap between turning off and on, the sequence doesn't complete.

Being RHD, I also found it easier to hold the park brake switch with RH so LH is free to operate the ignition/start button.
So lever up, pause, accelerator down, pause, ignition off and ignition on. Then you hear the motors activating.
15-10-2017 05:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thunder4219

Help still needed!
So I want service my rear brakes and after the fiasco lasting time I am trying to be super careful.
This issue is the brake will not go into service mode. I've followed the instructions perfectly. I turn on the ignition, press the brake release for 2 seconds but then when I depress the gas pedal the brake releases and then when you turn the ignition through the on/off cycle the brake reactivates instead of going into service mode!!
23-06-2018 04:10pm
VEGG

I have just replaced the rear pads using the instructions, supplied it worked a treat. The only problem I have had is that one of the pads wasnt quite aligned and when I re activated the EPB it actually bent the metal backing on the pad. The remedy (after fitting another new pad) was to slowly depress the footbrake so it has time to seat properly, then go through the reset procedure for the EPB.
10-10-2018 10:08pm