Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ED4 v New BMW 3 Seriesv VW Golf v Merc E Class E200v Skoda Superb
tash

RE: ED4 v New BMW 3 Seriesv VW Golf v Merc E Class E200v Skoda Superb

Evoque didn't arrive so still have the company A5 sport back 2.0tdi sline and to be honest I think it's a very poor car. Handling, ride, performance aren't very good, build is good, it's economical but not a nice car to drive.

Had sd4 for a week and it was outstanding and that's not being biased, it was really good. Has anyone got an ed4 as yet?

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
10-03-2012 09:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

(10-03-2012 06:26pm)PAT Wrote:  Although I don't have my Evoque yet I have to question What Car's criticism and lack of professionalism when it's comes to their reviews.

Like Sarcastix says, how can you criticis the Evoque for having a high boot floor as its a 4x4!

They have also had numerous reviews stating the car they are testing is a Pure, yet the pictures are of, say a Dynamic or Prestige, so it doesn't fill me with confidence that they actually know what they are writing about.

Either way, I dont understand their stance on the Evoque but each to their own I supose albeit I too am considering ditching my subscription.

Just cancelled mine. I'm fed up with Whatcar? Testing ( for instance) a BMW that in standard guise rides dreadfully but speccing it with the costly adaptive ride or whatever it's called and then praising the way the thing rides. I accept that manufacturers give mags the car they want them to review but for honest reviews the car should be in standard trim with standard bone hard suspension....and before anyone thinks I'm anti BMW/Audi I've had them briefly and got rid because my back can't take the strain of normal day to day driving.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
10-03-2012 11:26pm
pureevoque

I got my ed4 on Friday I was a bit worried coming from an octavia VRS, performance and handling wise the evoque wouldn't be on a par, however I'm very impressed, plenty of low down grunt, Sharp steering and v little body roll, but where it excels is soaking up all the ruts and and the quietness in the cabin.

Very happy.

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
11-03-2012 09:23am
tash

Pure evoque, good news, had a vers for a few day couple of weeks back when the Audi broke down so know what you mean about performance.

Good to hear the ed4 isn't going to feel flat, if it handles same as the sd4 I had then this is good news as well, was just worried on performance.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
11-03-2012 10:05am