Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ECO Stop/Start - is something going to wear out?
PhilSkill

RE: ECO Stop/Start - is something going to wear out?

Popped into my Mazda dealer today and Mazda now have start/stop that can restart without the starter motor in less than half the time (0.35s over 0.8s)... i-Stop, along with their 20% efficiency improvements using their new Sky-Active Engines the new 6 is looking a great saloon car and now 2013 car of the year!

Shame it's now too big to replace my current 6 and doesn't have a hatchback option, and it would be too extravagant for a shopping trolley!

Quote:Conventional idling stop systems re-start a vehicle's engine with an electric motor exactly the same way the engine is usually started.

At Mazda we do things differently by using direct fuel injection techniques and optimized piston positioning, Mazda's unique ''i-Stop'' allows drivers to re-start almost instantly while leading to a significant improvement in fuel economy.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-06-2013 09:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Woof

I just wish my 'stop/start' actually worked properly. The car went to the dealership for a few problems last week - and apparently 'nothing is wrong'.

The problems are:

Park brake auto release unavailable.
An intermittent fault, that couldn't be found.

Eco either doesn't work or the engine comes back on.
Two issues here. Sometimes the engine doesn't stop when it should, and other times, the engine restarts after just three or five seconds, when I haven't touched anything. Again - nothing wrong, according to the dealer.

External temperature guage wrong.
During the winter the guage was showing a much lower temperature than it really was, and now, during a heatwave, it has never showed hotter than 18 degrees.

None of the above are life threatening, but very annoying, especially the park brake issue.

When I rang to book the car in, the guy said 'Oh yes, we know about that' (the park brake message), but the rude, patronising bloke who booked the car in on the day, said he had never heard of it, and the guy I spoke to on the phone was unavailable.

Does anyone else have this combination of computer or electronic problems?
26-07-2013 11:32am
PhilSkill

Hi Woof and Welcome

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I don't recall seeing any "Parking brake not available" issues on here, seem an odd message as it's the handbrake. Shame you couldn't get to the guy who said he did know about it.

There is a known ECO software update, but if your Temperature gauge isn't working this could likely be related to the ECO not working correctly as ambient temperature is going to part of the control system.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-07-2013 01:54pm