Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ECM update - Fixes emissions and throttle response
RoverMD

RE: ECM update - Fixes emissions and throttle response

Just got the update done, took about 20 minutes. The jerkiness at low rpms is essentially gone. I mainly had the problem around town in stop and go situations. A big difference. Feels like I had expected it should.

Will keep an eye on the miles per gallon too. i think it will be same or maybe beter mileage since this update also supposedly does something with emissions. I believe its an early model issue since (which mine is) since the letter specified to check your VIN number to see if needed. the service manager said I did need it based on that. He also said that they check and update the ECM at every scheduled service, but not every visit. I had gone in for a tire issue at some point but they did not check it or update at that point.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
23-06-2012 06:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoquemayne

Fantastic news, do you mind me asking which engine you have? I've read an awful lot about the Si4's jerkiness.
23-06-2012 08:15pm
RoverMD

I assume I do. I have the US gasoline version. We only have one engine here.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
24-06-2012 04:00am
slee18

Tim do you do a lot of highway driving? All I can muster is 21-22mpg mixed city/highway. If straight highway I can do 26-28mpg at 70-75

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
24-06-2012 03:58pm
EvoqueNorCal

(23-06-2012 06:24pm)RoverMD Wrote:  Just got the update done, took about 20 minutes. The jerkiness at low rpms is essentially gone. I mainly had the problem around town in stop and go situations. A big difference. Feels like I had expected it should.

Will keep an eye on the miles per gallon too. i think it will be same or maybe beter mileage since this update also supposedly does something with emissions. I believe its an early model issue since (which mine is) since the letter specified to check your VIN number to see if needed. the service manager said I did need it based on that. He also said that they check and update the ECM at every scheduled service, but not every visit. I had gone in for a tire issue at some point but they did not check it or update at that point.

Great to hear! Any info on when LR starting putting this update into the cars they make at the factory? I'm about to buy a new Evoque and join the club and would be good to know if I'll need to have the dealer flash it with the new software before I take delivery on it, depending what date it was made. So would be good to know what date the factory made the change to the new software.

I'm assuming since any car on a California dealer lot right now was made at least 75 days ago has the previous software version, but perhaps LR recognized the problem and put the new software on the factory line before they sent letters out to everyone?
25-06-2012 05:17am
slee18

Hey NorCal

Register on topix LR then plug in the vin and it will show you if it has or hasn't upgraded the software. Mine was a made in Sept as the first release.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
25-06-2012 06:28am
EvoqueNorCal

(25-06-2012 06:28am)slee18 Wrote:  Hey NorCal

Register on topix LR then plug in the vin and it will show you if it has or hasn't upgraded the software. Mine was a made in Sept as the first release.

Thanks! But what's topix LR?
25-06-2012 06:30am
BA74

Have noticed this issue ith my Si4.
Any Aussies received any info yet? I haven't...

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
25-06-2012 08:03am
Neo

Is it affecting Si4 engines only?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 08:28am by Neo.)
25-06-2012 08:27am
chiggy

(25-06-2012 08:03am)BA74 Wrote:  Have noticed this issue ith my Si4.
Any Aussies received any info yet? I haven't...

I haven't received any info yet - but I'm going to go to the dealer and see if I can get the update as there is some jerkiness in the earlier accerlations... nothing that concerns me... but if it improves fuel efficiency... WHY NOT!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
25-06-2012 01:19pm