Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
E-tag & Evoque...
scottlu13

E-tag & Evoque...

Picked up my Evoque today, loving it!!

One question & apologies if it has already been addressed but where have all you Evoque owners stuck your ugly E-Tags?
Where the rearview mirror connects to the windscreen is quite low & I'm not really keen to stick it there...
Anyone found a good hidden spot for it??

Thanks!!

TD4 Pure, Auto, Santorini Black, Ebony, Pure tech pack, Clearview Pack, Pano Roof, 20” style 6 Alloys. Ordered Early Feb. Picked up - Today!
26-05-2012 09:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JoBro

RE: E-tag & Evoque...

(26-05-2012 09:04am)scottlu13 Wrote:  Picked up my Evoque today, loving it!!

One question & apologies if it has already been addressed but where have all you Evoque owners stuck your ugly E-Tags?
Where the rearview mirror connects to the windscreen is quite low & I'm not really keen to stick it there...
Anyone found a good hidden spot for it??

Thanks!!

TD4 Pure, Auto, Santorini Black, Ebony, Pure tech pack, Clearview Pack, Pano Roof, 20” style 6 Alloys. Ordered Early Feb. Picked up - Today!

My Dealer told me to put it to the left of the mirror mount on this black area, as my windscreen was heated and the signal wouldn't go through for the tag, I obviously went through a couple of times and found out what worked and what didn't, and decided to just stick it to the right of the mirror just to the right of the where the black area stopped, on top of the heated windscreen elements and it seems to work fine, although if you feel that it is in your feild of view, you could put it in the same place on the left side of the mirror.

Range Rover Evoque SD4 5 Door Dynamic Manual - Fuji White

Tech Pack, 20' Alloy Style 6, Pano Roof, 825w Meridian System, Adaptive Dynamics, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lights, Automatic High Beam Assist, HomeLink, Park Assist, TPMS, Surround Camera, TV, Blind Spot Monitoring, Thinkware F770 Dashcam
26-05-2012 12:28pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Millotte

I've tried about 10 different spots on the windscreen and 2 different roam etags and can't get them to work. The people at roam tolling are as helpful as an ejection seat in a helicopter. Typical of an overseas call centre!!!! I've given up!

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
26-05-2012 12:49pm
maccacch

i too had trouble with the e-tag previously. through trial and error (request a few of the little plastic attachment points from the toll company) i found that placing the tag on the left of the rear view mirror, on the dotted bits works best. see if it works for you
26-05-2012 02:44pm
Evoque U

I just hold it up against the panoramic roof as we pass through tolls, don't like tags attached to such a nice windscreen.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
26-05-2012 11:36pm
Biker

If your plates are registered with your e-tag account, even if it does not work, the system will match the photo they take with their records and just add the toll fee to your account anyway.
I once asked them after having problems with e-tag on the motorbike. So I have 2 vehicles on one account and not a problem. Some toll recorders also work better (I think) than others as I noticed different beeps coming from my device depends where I go through.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
27-05-2012 01:38am
Millotte

(27-05-2012 01:38am)Biker Wrote:  If your plates are registered with your e-tag account, even if it does not work, the system will match the photo they take with their records and just add the toll fee to your account anyway.
I once asked them after having problems with e-tag on the motorbike. So I have 2 vehicles on one account and not a problem. Some toll recorders also work better (I think) than others as I noticed different beeps coming from my device depends where I go through.

The car is listed on the e tag account but they charge a vehicle matching fee every time you go through a toll gate!! That's roam tolling for you.

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
27-05-2012 08:56am
barks

(26-05-2012 02:44pm)maccacch Wrote:  i too had trouble with the e-tag previously. through trial and error (request a few of the little plastic attachment points from the toll company) i found that placing the tag on the left of the rear view mirror, on the dotted bits works best. see if it works for you

+1 for this.....I tried on the solid black part but it only worked by moving it to the left onto the dotted part, plus I can't see it from the drivers seat..

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
27-05-2012 10:41pm
Barneyridge

I have the RTA etoll tag. this is where mine is located and have not had any problems

[Image: Picture.jpg]

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
27-05-2012 11:45pm
scottlu13

Thanka for the replys! Very helpful!

Just spoke to the RTA & they said it has to be on the black section/dots to work as the wiper sensors interfere with the tag.
28-05-2012 02:35am