Poll: Will you have a dynamic bodykit retrofitted to your Pure/Prestige?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic retrofit
SW6RR

RE: Dynamic retrofit

Craig - it's not cheap and it's a decision of the heart.

The reason one or two of us have done it (or are doing it) is because we prefer the Prestige interior. Otherwise I would have bought a Dynamic, of course, as you point out.

If you think that's mad then you're no doubt a sane man! However, I've done it and I LOVE my car. A few others are planning on it when cars arrive, etc.

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
21-11-2011 06:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

(21-11-2011 06:00pm)SW6RR Wrote:  Craig - it's not cheap and it's a decision of the heart.

The reason one or two of us have done it (or are doing it) is because we prefer the Prestige interior. Otherwise I would have bought a Dynamic, of course, as you point out.

If you think that's mad then you're no doubt a sane man! However, I've done it and I LOVE my car. A few others are planning on it when cars arrive, etc.

Sorry, I'm not having a go....i think what you did was amazing. Only thinking of it from my point of view. totally understand from a prestige point of view as it has a completely differnet interior. i was thinking from a Pure point of view, as dash etc are the same, and leather not that different(unless you really want the espresso) but wnen you look at the numbers, if it's £1500 for rear, must be similar from front, then you're getting up into dynamic trim costs anyway (ie just get the dynamic rahter than pure)
21-11-2011 07:02pm
SW6RR

Yes - from a Pure perspective I think you're probably right.

I didn't mean for my post to imply that I was offended in any way by yours. I think it's my succinct writing style that perhaps makes me sound permanently irritated...!

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
21-11-2011 07:04pm
Evo-king

Having trouble visualising this.

As my car is a black coupe and has 20" style 6's, apart from a grill colour change, badge colour, spolier lip, exhaust shields, what else externally would look different.

I would like to go down that route, but don't see too much difference, guess I'm missing something.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
21-11-2011 07:45pm
SW6RR

The exhaust system is different, the bumpers and sills are colour-coded (to a greater extent than the Pure or Prestige models) and the front bull bar is different. It isn't so pronounced on a black car because the colour-coding makes less of a difference. On lighter colours the changes are more visually apparent.

21-11-2011 07:55pm
Ezandania

I actually 'unvoted' myself from the polls, cos instead of getting a Prestige and turning it to a Presnamic, I went and ordered a Dynamic and gone the whole nine yards for the Dynamic Plus! Smile My concerns were that the local bodyshop doing the work here might fumble in retrofitting all those sensors/cameras into the new piece of kit! Really didn't want to risk it. The Dynamic Plus rationale was so that I could still get the leather-topped dash and interior bits (and that cool race seats).
I do however intend to change the bonnet to match the coupe...at least they can't really fumble that one.

But I do have to salute SW6RR for being the pioneer in the Presnamic front, it creates the awareness to other forum members having the Pure/Prestige that IT CAN BE DONE and IT STILL LOOKS GOOD!! (Point to note: SW6RR i noticed you didnt get the trailing wing bit for the spoiler, was that intentional?)

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
21-11-2011 07:56pm
SW6RR

Ezandania - yes, intentional - unfortunately the black piece cannot be separated from the main spoiler and so if you want it you have to buy an entirely new spoiler (£500-600 IIRC).

I'm not sure whether I'm too fussed about that particular piece, but each to their own!

21-11-2011 08:18pm
IKM

I'd love to remove the side sills from the Prestige and just have body colour as with Dynamic (and also remove the plastic round the wheel arches). But I guess I would end up with neither a Prestige or Dynamic.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-11-2011 08:24pm