Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Dynamic or Prestige
Alex

Dynamic or Prestige

Perhaps this post is a tad late for me as I have just placed my order. However I spent the last few weeks deliberating between the Prestige or Dynamic. I went for the Dynamic in the end as that was my initial choice however I have reservations about the quality of leather and interior colour schemes in comparison to the Prestige, while with the Prestige I was not to keen on the exterior in comparison to the Dynamic.

In the end we chose the Vortex interior as we were not too keen on the colour splits of the other choices, although the Pursuit looked nice as well.

We had a budget of 42K so I could not afford the Dynamic Plus seats on top of the few options I chose. I suppose if I had the opportunity to sit in both cars and do a walk around then perhaps I would feel more confident about my choice. But I have contacted LR reference the Evoque event and my dealer but they were not sure about tickets as I was told they were already pre-allocated.

I suppose this post is to maybe here for those that chose either the Dynamic or Prestige why they went for it.

Chose:
- Dynamic SD4 190hp Auto
- Fuji White
- Vortex Interior
- Panoramic Roof
- Meridian Sound System
- Surround camera system
- Heated steering wheel

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
14-04-2011 07:20am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Dynamic or Prestige

I went for a Prestige eD4 in Fuji White. Why?

- I didn't want a black interior. It makes the car look small inside (the pano roof helps though). I'm still a bit scared of the practical downsides of a light grey Element interior, but I think it looked fabulous.
- The high-quality leather + leather dashboard are great. Really really great. Once you've experienced that, it's hard to let it go.
- Outside dynamic elements are nice, but I'm certainly not against the Prestige look. This depends on your exterior colour of course.
- My girlfriend is not so tall, so the height adjustment of the passenger seat is a plus.

In the UK, there's no Dynamic eD4 which would make my choice very easy. In Belgium we do get this possibility. We also have 19" wheels standard on the Dynamic. If the 20" were included, I would downgrade anyway (which is pretty silly since you've paid for 20").

Reason enough for me to pick the Prestige. I have the Prestige Tech Pack, Parellel park system, Cold climate pack (heated seats, steering wheel, wipers...) and auto-dimming mirror. Still haven't decided on the pano roof.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2011 07:50am by vision*R.)
14-04-2011 07:45am
Alex

Sounds good, if I choose Prestige I would have still stuck with my options on Dynamic but added the adaptive suspension.

In terms of black interior we have always had a black interior (current kuga is all leather black). Main reason for that colour choice is it hides dirt easier than say a lighter colour. However I wanted a light interior just to be different from our previous all black interiors. But my wife said with expected new born on way and the one car between us for a minimum of 5 year the black will hopefully give us more of a pro longed life in comparison to other colours.

The funny thing is if we could afford the Dynamic Plus option on the Dynamic its either black or red, and we wouldn't have chosen red - so still would have been all black anyway.

Vision*R you mentioned you experienced the Prestige interior? Did you compare this to looking at the Dynamic interior? If so is the dashboard that much of visual difference between the two?

If you did experience seeing the two models did you get a chance to sit in either of them? I'm curious if wearing jeans and a top can you actually still feel a difference in quality between the two leather interiors?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
14-04-2011 07:56am
vision*R

I've sat in both models at the Brussel car show in January. Both were mix-ups of different styles:
- Fuji White Dynamic 3d / standard Dynamic dashboard / Red Plus seats / normal roof
- Firenze Red Pure 5d: Element interior but with the leather dashboard of Prestige / pano roof

Can you feel the difference between leather types while wearing jeans? I can't, whatever the quality.

The two cars at the show definitely helped to make up my mind. Element interior looks more spacious, and I couldn't stop touching the leather dashboard. The texture of the plastic Dynamic dashboard was not very impressive (although I think it's a nicer solution than plain plastic as fitter by other car brands).

Of course the light grey seats in the Pure were stained and smudged after a couple of intensive days, while the black Dynamic Oxford leather was still fine. I'm guessing this is a combination of leather quality and colour choice. I'll probably need to watch out with kids, and you're right black doesn't show stains quickly. On the other hand, once the leather gets old, the crackles always seem to be worse on dark leather than on light leather imo.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2011 08:21am by vision*R.)
14-04-2011 08:16am
Alex

Hmm you now have me wondering which is what I feared by posting this thread - ie adding to my indecisiveness.

In my RR Evoque brochure under the dynamic interior themes they show the trim finishers available - Satin brushed Aluminium or Gloss black Strata. However when specing online the Dynamic has either the default textured aluminium or Strata but no Satin Aluminium?

I agree about dash, but I'm not fussed its not leather but more glad it's not standard plastic. However I guess all leather adds to the appreciation of your driving zone interior.

14-04-2011 08:29am
vision*R

Exactly, if they wouldn't have offered leather, I don't think anyone would have complained about dashboard materials. It's perfectly decent compared to Audi or BMW. It's just that most people would expect something extra from a Range Rover interior, and that's precisely what the Prestige leather does (20 m² of leather I've read).

Not sure which aluminium I've seen in Brussels. I think I only saw the default textured aluminium and I think it looked good. I guess the differences are very small anyway.
I'll switch my default Element Dark Grey oak to aluminium.

(This post was last modified: 14-04-2011 08:39am by vision*R.)
14-04-2011 08:34am
Alex

Yeah I agree about the wood and if I was choosing the prestige I would have swapped to aluminium. There is something slightly dated or tacky about a wooden interior finish which I don't feel adds to the overall smoothness or flow of the space.

Second the wood finish reminds me to much of cheap laminate furniture or on the other hand trying to shout to loud that I'm here to look more prestigious. Funny but that's why Im not too keen on the colour split perforated seat options on the Dynamic as to me its sort of saying hey I'm here to look sporty - I prefer more subtle styling, or something which will not wear the novelty factor to thin.

14-04-2011 08:42am
Kermit

(14-04-2011 07:20am)Alex Wrote:  Perhaps this post is a tad late for me as I have just placed my order. However I spent the last few weeks deliberating between the Prestige or Dynamic.

I think you'll find you can still change your order, if you want to. Contact your dealer and they'll let you know the date when the build is set in stone.
14-04-2011 09:12am
Alex

Cool thanks. I wanted to see if I could get tickets to the Evoque Event, I'm fairly confident with my choice but dont want to find at the event I should have chosen a different interior colour scheme.

14-04-2011 09:18am
Kermit

(14-04-2011 08:34am)vision*R Wrote:  I don't think anyone would have complained about dashboard materials. It's perfectly decent compared to Audi or BMW. It's just that most people would expect something extra from a Range Rover interior, and that's precisely what the Prestige leather does (20 m² of leather I've read).

I think the fake stitching does it a disservice. Definitely not up to RR standards.
[Image: web.jpg?ver=12961634990001]
14-04-2011 09:23am