Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Dynamic Subtle Mods
5225chrisb

RE: Dynamic Subtle Mods

(23-05-2012 07:04pm)evoquemayne Wrote:  I'll go with 35% and live life on the edge.

Without the front tint, i.e when you first got it, did it look like it needed it to balance it out?

Don't get me wrong I think the privacy glass at the back and no tint on the front looks OK. With the privacy glass in the back being almost black there's a bit of a contrast between that and the front. I think the Fuji white makes adds to this. 35% just sets it off right. Go on you know you want to!:arrowSmile

(23-05-2012 08:24pm)Griff449 Wrote:  I've seen these on EBay but it mentions using a sticky backing to secure? Is this strong enough?

Although the footrest is aftermarket the adhesive is quite strong and holds it in place just fine. It also gives more support underfoot. Worth getting the tweeter rings also. You can get these off the same seller on Ebay.
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 08:36pm by 5225chrisb.)
23-05-2012 08:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoquemayne

Will go with the tint and the footrest for sure. Thanks.

Although, the tweeter rings I'm really not sure of. I wonder whether everything needs to stand out and have an aluminium outline. Alanos's eBay store would have you believe that though. He has trims for the Window controls, CD Drive, Adaptive Dynamics control pod and for the Boot Release/Light adjustment controls. Madness!

Purely subjective, the rings do look nice but I'm not sure!
24-05-2012 01:31am
5225chrisb

(24-05-2012 01:31am)evoquemayne Wrote:  Will go with the tint and the footrest for sure. Thanks.

Although, the tweeter rings I'm really not sure of. I wonder whether everything needs to stand out and have an aluminium outline. Alanos's eBay store would have you believe that though. He has trims for the Window controls, CD Drive, Adaptive Dynamics control pod and for the Boot Release/Light adjustment controls. Madness!

Purely subjective, the rings do look nice but I'm not sure!

Your right you can go too far with these things, the important thing is knowing when to stop. We don't want Westwood coming around this isn't Pimp My Ride, although if you want a real laugh check out the logo on this guys website;
http://www.pimpmyrange.co.uk
Laughing
24-05-2012 10:48am
ED209

(21-05-2012 09:46am)5225chrisb Wrote:  Front Tint is 35% - or they sometimes call it Light Smoke in the trade. I'll get some more pics up soon with a full side profile so you can see the full effect.

35% = illegal I'm afraid. Even more so when you add this to the slight tint the windows will already have as standard.

Leaving your self wide open to a ticket, being made to peel them off at the roadside or worst case scenario being accused of death by dangerous should you kill someone as a result of pulling out on a car/motorbike/cyclist because you didnt see them due to the illegal tints.

Yes they may look good but i will never understand why people do mods to their cars which are just asking for some police attention.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
24-05-2012 06:18pm
5225chrisb

(24-05-2012 06:18pm)ED209 Wrote:  35% = illegal I'm afraid. Even more so when you add this to the slight tint the windows will already have as standard.

Leaving your self wide open to a ticket, being made to peel them off at the roadside or worst case scenario being accused of death by dangerous should you kill someone as a result of pulling out on a car/motorbike/cyclist because you didnt see them due to the illegal tints.

Yes they may look good but i will never understand why people do mods to their cars which are just asking for some police attention.

I rather have tints than a dog guard. I bet you keep a hi-vis vest in the boot as well. Laughing
03-06-2012 02:47pm
Evo-king

If you knew what Ed does for a living you would understand his attitude to motoring offences.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-06-2012 10:45am
Griff449

I tend to leave my work at work myself lol

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
04-06-2012 09:26pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply