Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic Stability Control Not Available
RacingSnake

Dynamic Stability Control Not Available

Confused

Way back last year I complained of random error messages appearing as I started the car.
The dealer told me this was normal Rolling Eyes

I then suffered the infamous battery issue and sent it back where they charged it up, updated the software and gave it back.

in the past couple of months, I've noticed these messages starting to come back again.

Usually the flicker on and off, and 'usually' its either a Gearbox fault or EBD fault.

Yesterday though I had the Dynamic Stability Control message come up, and not go away Shocked
I had started driving down the road before I realised the message was still on the screen, so pulled over, switched off and on again and it cleared.

Getting a little concerned about this, and whether either there is a genuine problem, or if the battery issue is about to resurface again.

[old person] too many electronics in cars these days [/old person]

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 10:08am by RacingSnake.)
07-03-2013 10:08am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

RE: Dynamic Stability Control Not Available

If you had the "battery issue" your dealer should have run a load test on your battery (which would, undoubtedly, have failed) and replaced it. Very likely your battery is no good. Nothing that you describe is "normal" (except, of course, the UK dealer experience). You cannot just "charge it up". Once a normal automotive battery has been discharged -- even once -- it needs to be checked. Period.

I took delivery of my 2013 under a month ago and in the first week noticed I was getting the "3 minute warning". Called dealer who told me to swing by. Took a book. They verified I already had the software update, ran a load test and gave me a new battery. In and out in 45 minutes. They replace batteries on Evoques all the time. (Of course, I am assuming you are in Reading UK, not Reading Penn.)

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 10:43am by scrannel.)
07-03-2013 10:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Yep, I asked (way back in Sept/Oct when it happened) if they replaced it, and they said they tested the battery and it was fine.

Yes Reading UK Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
07-03-2013 10:43am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

Welcome to the club: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Terrain-R...0#pid78310

My 'issues' (below) are now with 'Global Customer Relations', i'm not my holding breath.

'Gearbox Fault'
'Terrain Response Special Programs Not Available'
'Stability Control Not Available. Drive with Care'
‘Low Battery’

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 10:45am by Sarcastrix.)
07-03-2013 10:44am
scrannel

(07-03-2013 10:43am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Yep, I asked (way back in Sept/Oct when it happened) if they replaced it, and they said they tested the battery and it was fine.

Yes Reading UK Very Happy

Get it tested some place else. What you describe is symptomatic of a bad battery. It could be something else. But especially among CANBUS electrical systems (not just on LR) those are symptoms of a battery having a hard time holding a charge. You'll see in my signature I have a BMW K1200R (bike). It too is CANBUS and owners suffer the same symptoms with a bad battery.

BTW, my dealer said the batteries that come on Evoques are "crap".
Look at this link. It describes three types of batteries. I also had a C6 Corvette (CANBUS) and some owners also suffered from battery discharge bought "yellow top" batteries from this company known for making very high quality aftermarket batteries. This is because the "yellow top" is designed to be recharged multiple times w/o failing.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/us/en/pro...yellowtop/

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 11:03am by scrannel.)
07-03-2013 10:49am
PeteL

(07-03-2013 10:44am)Sarcastrix Wrote:  Welcome to the club: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Terrain-R...0#pid78310

My 'issues' (below) are now with 'Global Customer Relations', i'm not my holding breath.

'Gearbox Fault'
'Terrain Response Special Programs Not Available'
'Stability Control Not Available. Drive with Care'
‘Low Battery’
Had exactly the same warnings. been into the dealer 3 times (last time for 14 days!). Charging software upgrade, replacement auxiliary battery, and finally new wiring loom to rear camera. Will see what happens.

Have had exactly the same warnings, plus "charging system failure and security camera not operating". Vehicle been into the dealer 3 times (last time for 14 days !!). Charging software upgrade, auxiliary battery replaced (dealer stated he didn't even know this battery existed). Finally had the wiring loom to the reversing camera replaced.
Please let me know what response you got from the "Global Customer Relations).

Considering what I paid for my SD4 Dynamic, not very happy with this vehicle, and certainly wouldn't recommend to anyone.
(This post was last modified: 19-08-2013 10:59am by PeteL.)
19-08-2013 10:54am