Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just Seen For The First Time!!
THEMACS

RE: Just Seen For The First Time!!

The Dash itself, not just the Topper, is made from different material and seems Very Plasticky! The leather on the seats was different too. Don't get me wrong, it looked nice but after being in the Prestige it didn't look as good in my opinion, and for us, seeing as we had specced up our Pure to the Same level as a Prestige and was within a couple of Grand it seemed Sensible to opt for the Prestige, certainly in view of the Residuals!! ie, you don't get Rag All for Extras!! So perversely the Pure would have Cost more in the Long Run!
09-09-2011 10:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

I don't mind the dash topper or the horizontal dash material. What I think looks a bit nasty (and will look dated in a couple of years) is the vertical centre console which has all the black plastic. I think all models have this. Looks a bit ford mondeo in my opinion. Still better than the german competition though.
09-09-2011 11:11pm
Token

I personally love the look of the 3 door and it has met my expectations and some! The thing about being bowled over by looks is that it won't last anyway...in 12 months time it will look normal. However, having spent an hour driving one, I suspect I will be bowled over every day for a long long time by the driving experience...it is truly awesome.

I've had some lovely cars that include top of the range Mercs, a FFRR, a 911 and a DB9..,and I can honestly say, I was speechless after driving the Evoque and that hasnt happened with any of the other cars.

One minute I'm driving over a terrapod made possible by the cameras, then I'm twisting the chassis with it up on two wheels, then it's parking itself, then I'm cruising along an A road in Big Car comfort, then with the touch of a button I'm throwing it round bendy B roads like a sports car.

Maybe I'm getting old and am more impressed these days by engineering genuis than I am by size and power...but I genuinely can't think of another car that can do everything this thing can do.

Granted there is more room in a RRS, but...is there plenty of leg and head room in the front and back even in the Coupe for someone like me that is 5'8...yes. Are the front seats wide and is there a nice big gap between driver and passenger...yes. is there enough room in the boot for holiday luggage or a couple of sets of Golf clubs, yes. Does it have Big Car ride comfort...yes. Is it going to be easier to park in the city than a RRS...yes!

So tell me, what am I missing by not getting a RRS??? Unless someone really needs the extra boot space, I struggle to see the Market for the RRS now, other than people who just have a mindset that big is better. I loved my FFRR and it is a very different car to the Evoque so can't be prepared...I felt like royalty when driving it. Sadly, on two occasions it was too tall to fit into an NCP Car Park which caused me a lot of hassle...royalty don't have to worry about such things!! So I'm simply not important enough to own a FFRR!!

In summary, in case anyone is wondering...I am blown away by the Evoque...and at £50k it is a bargain!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
10-09-2011 06:40am
THEMACS

Token, As I Said Each to their Own!!!!Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 11:21am by THEMACS.)
10-09-2011 09:33am
J77

I think the main point people are missing is that the pure is " the range rover evoque pure is the purest expression of that original concept" so was never intended to have top level range rover bling. Que prestige "ultimate range rover luxury" for people that want the more range rover feel with soft touch leather.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
10-09-2011 10:44am
THEMACS

I Agree, it is still a Fab Car, just not for us.
10-09-2011 11:22am