Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed)
MarcoRRE

RE: Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed)

Hello, I write from Italy.
my seat of my Dynamic is so after 30000km.

28-02-2013 06:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

Dynamic Plus Leather Wear (Advice Needed)

Looks like the left bum cheek needs some physio..

28-02-2013 07:34pm
scrannel

Honestly the only answer to this is get nasty with LR and/or your dealer. As I pointed out in a post, I had a "set" issue on a Range seat -- my dealer looked at it, didn't call LR or the Pope or his mom -- just said: "When you have some time bring it in and we'll replace or rebuild the foam. And... A free loaner."

Generally speaking... and I am generalizing... US dealers tend to be more responsive to customers here because we have a very, very short fuse. Especially when they KNOW they are wrong. I remember whern I first moved to Los Angeles (and this even made the papers) a young girl had left her Porsche at the usual 500% Porsche-mark-up dealership for repairs. Well, not only could they not fix the car but they wanted charge her "storage" for keeping the car in their garage. She got four of her biggest friends from Gold's Gym and went down and just took the car back. (Dealership later admitted they were in the wrong).

You have to tell your dealer that you paid serious bread for these seats, and then you are going to say this: "I don't give a shit if you and LR think you can foist a defective product on the public, but you are NOT going to foist it on me. Remember Hiroshima? Think worse. And.. think tort."

Then you do not leave until they agree to fix the seat. I have a friend (lawyer) who called the police accusing the dealership of theft for taking his money and delivering a sub-standard product. Dealer actually had to go to court. We do not know how to pronounce "propriety" here. And, I am dead serious, I see this with all Commonwealth countries. Be it motorcycles or cars. You guys are all push-overs.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 08:48pm by scrannel.)
28-02-2013 08:46pm
cutter7

(28-02-2013 08:46pm)scrannel Wrote:  Honestly the only answer to this is get nasty with LR and/or your dealer. As I pointed out in a post, I had a "set" issue on a Range seat -- my dealer looked at it, didn't call LR or the Pope or his mom -- just said: "When you have some time bring it in and we'll replace or rebuild the foam. And... A free loaner."

Generally speaking... and I am generalizing... US dealers tend to be more responsive to customers here because we have a very, very short fuse. Especially when they KNOW they are wrong. I remember whern I first moved to Los Angeles (and this even made the papers) a young girl had left her Porsche at the usual 500% Porsche-mark-up dealership for repairs. Well, not only could they not fix the car but they wanted charge her "storage" for keeping the car in their garage. She got four of her biggest friends from Gold's Gym and went down and just took the car back. (Dealership later admitted they were in the wrong).

You have to tell your dealer that you paid serious bread for these seats, and then you are going to say this: "I don't give a shit if you and LR think you can foist a defective product on the public, but you are NOT going to foist it on me. Remember Hiroshima? Think worse. And.. think tort."

Then you do not leave until they agree to fix the seat. I have a friend (lawyer) who called the police accusing the dealership of theft for taking his money and delivering a sub-standard product. Dealer actually had to go to court. We do not know how to pronounce "propriety" here. And, I am dead serious, I see this with all Commonwealth countries. Be it motorcycles or cars. You guys are all push-overs.

WALOB.. you type.!! Rolling with Laughter

(This post was last modified: 28-02-2013 09:22pm by cutter7.)
28-02-2013 09:16pm
scrannel

(28-02-2013 09:16pm)cutter7 Wrote:  WALOB.. you type.!! Rolling with Laughter

And you guys... do nothing.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
01-03-2013 05:02am
PhilSkill

+1 WALOB...

Why do you have to "get nasty"... a sensible and educated conversation is much more effective than the demands of a winging screaming brat!

Please put the toys back in the creche as you leave the dealers.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-03-2013 02:50pm
scrannel

(01-03-2013 02:50pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  +1 WALOB...

Why do you have to "get nasty"... a sensible and educated conversation is much more effective than the demands of a winging screaming brat!

Please put the toys back in the creche as you leave the dealers.

I disagree and your frustration and lack of result proves you are dead wrong. Look at it this way, your dealers are playing passive/aggressive with you -- in other words, "playing you". You have spent thousands of your hard earned money and they wipe their feet on you. Does that seem right?

BMW K1200R. Black.
01-03-2013 03:17pm
PhilSkill

??? All my niggles are fixed, no quibble, no arguments, just plain old fashioned quality customer service! Try being decent to your fellow man, you'll find it gets returned (mostly). You wont get that shouting your way through life, which will be shorter and more miserable for it too.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-03-2013 12:41am
scrannel

(02-03-2013 12:41am)PhilSkill Wrote:  ??? All my niggles are fixed, no quibble, no arguments, just plain old fashioned quality customer service! Try being decent to your fellow man, you'll find it gets returned (mostly). You wont get that shouting your way through life, which will be shorter and more miserable for it too.

You guys are a trip. And how about the rest of the people here who are told "take a hike"? It's not about shouting your way through life, it's about not being lied to. From the threads I've read -- on this, and another and even a Speed Triple forum (when I had that bike) -- you are into pain. You want to be continually ripped off by your dealers?, go for it. And this whole, angst-laden pseudo philosophical BS is very boring indeed.

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you” -- Nietzsche

What you desperately need is to arrive at the second part. Is there not one among you who gets this?

BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 04:02am by scrannel.)
02-03-2013 04:01am
tash

Had an Audi TT that did same 07 57 reg, early R8's do same and after about a year they changed both seat squabs with updated leather.

The leather has a backing it's sewn to and it's that which was stretching not the leather, the difference was incredible, much improved. Dealer advised as soon as Audi acknowledge an issue they get to work to resolve and advised I was on a schedule for change of squab as soon as there was a solution, which they did..excellent and probably same issue with dynamic RRE.

I have done 35k miles now in my pure and use gliptone regularly and as yet there is no sign of sagging or wear.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2013 12:48pm by tash.)
02-03-2013 11:28pm