Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic Kit
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Dynamic Kit

My point was that alot of members have said they would like a non sport interior with a sport exterior.

Agree that since pure+dynamic kit=price of Dynamic, but for the price of a Prestige one could have a Pure with Duckworth "Light" Dynamic Kit to Prestige spec (less Oxford lthr), and so get the blend of sports exterior and "comfort" interior for the price of a Prestige, and create some interesting specs such as eD4 "dynamic" which LR do not offer in UK.

In sum, it highlights the fact (that I and several other members have noticed and commented on) that the sum of the parts for a Prestige do not offer a significant benefit for the additonal £2K over a Pure when the specs are adjusted (less lthr quality).

One question for Duckworth, do the bumpers come ready painted like mirror caps etc or must one then get them sprayed?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-09-2011 09:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

They only comed primed ready for painting, like the mirror caps.

http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk
http://www.duckworthlandrover.co.uk - Vehicle Sales
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk

You can make a paypal directly to the email above

[Image: hwc8.jpg]
06-09-2011 09:53am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

(06-09-2011 09:48am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  My point was that alot of members have said they would like a non sport interior with a sport exterior.

Agree that since pure+dynamic kit=price of Dynamic, but for the price of a Prestige one could have a Pure with Duckworth "Light" Dynamic Kit to Prestige spec (less Oxford lthr), and so get the blend of sports exterior and "comfort" interior for the price of a Prestige, and create some interesting specs such as eD4 "dynamic" which LR do not offer in UK.

In sum, it highlights the fact (that I and several other members have noticed and commented on) that the sum of the parts for a Prestige do not offer a significant benefit for the additonal £2K over a Pure when the specs are adjusted (less lthr quality).

One question for Duckworth, do the bumpers come ready painted like mirror caps etc or must one then get them sprayed?

I'm still confused - what point are you trying to make? Why would you want to compare a Pure with Dynamic bits added i.e. making it a Dynamic to a Prestige?? Surely your comparison should be the Dynamic for this add-on

If Duckworth were to bring out a "Prestige Kit" for the Dynamic and Pure owners then you could perhaps express an opinion about Pure + Prestige Kit vs Prestige.

And any comparison to "almost like a Prestige only not with the Oxford leather" imho misses the point of the Prestige which is, Dashboard, Seats and Doors all covered top to bottom in Oxford Leather.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
06-09-2011 11:18am
BFGEvoqueMan

Berlin,

My point I was trying to make is that for a price of Prestige, one can have a pure to the same spec (excepting the issues of lthr!) with the Dynamic look and satisfy alot of our forum members who would like the Dynamic exterior look with a non sport interior.

- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
06-09-2011 11:23am
SW6RR

The leather and the interior schemes are an issue for most Prestige buyers, when weighing up the Prestige vs. the Pure (I would wager, anyway).

In the grand scheme of the cost of the car, £2k isn't a whole lot and it's a no brainer if, like me, the Pure interior doesn't float your boat.

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
06-09-2011 11:54am
berlin2011

(06-09-2011 11:23am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Berlin,

My point I was trying to make is that for a price of Prestige, one can have a pure to the same spec (excepting the issues of lthr!) with the Dynamic look and satisfy alot of our forum members who would like the Dynamic exterior look with a non sport interior.

BFGEvoqueMan, I am still confused….. just kiddingLaughing Got your point the first time.

I do however think this type of logic is highly dependent on a.) what YOU want when you buy the car and b.) what MARKET you are buying it in.

A quick comparison shows that in the UK the Prestige is ±£1,750 cheaper than Dynamic, in the US it's $900 more expensive, in France it's €800 more expensive, in Australia $2,000 more expensive, in South Africa they are the exact same price etc.

And in the different markets they have different standard specs etc. (by way of example in South Africa Prestige and Dynamic are EXACTLY the same spec and the same price).

So I could make the point that for that £1,750 differences between Prestige and Dynamic in the UK I can have a Prestige + Bodykit = Dynamic (ignoring AD)

To complicate matters further, not all markets have the Pure as an option (certainly my home market, South Africa, only offers Prestige and Dynamic, both with an identical fully loaded spec for the exact same price - the options we have are wheels, 825w stereo, AD (not standard on Dynamic but an option on both) and TPMS - everything is else is standard spec included in the price)

So the 'logic' would be very different to each buyer.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
06-09-2011 11:55am
BFGEvoqueMan

I 'll get my coat......LaughingLaughing

06-09-2011 12:40pm
Ewok

HI.
If I wanted the grill for my pure to be silver, plus the side bits- what would be the cost of that do you think? So it looks more like a prestige.
also- te side and rear bot under the window and above the doors- is that replaceable too?
Many thanks
07-09-2011 10:32pm
tom

I am looking to see if you can get me a price price for the prestige grill and side bits for top (side fender Blades) and botton of the doors (5door) to see whether to get replacements or to paint them (now I seen the Pure I think the Brunel is a bit dull) Thanks Dan
09-09-2011 10:57pm
stevehill

(02-09-2011 10:11am)duckworthparts Wrote:  Hi all

i'm working on a special offer for forum members for a Dynamic kit

Should have some prices up later today.

Dan

hi Dan looking to do exhaust and rear bits on my prestige
why didn't i order dynamic i hear you ask
down to colour combinations
what bits are needed and how much