Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dual exhaust conversion
john Mountford

Dual exhaust conversion

Hi
Has anyone in Oz done the single to dual exhaust conversion on the Pure? Can you get the tow hook RHS cover from LRA and what did it cost?
Also, any ideas about the exhaust pipes?
Thanks
John
16-05-2014 06:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
superfox

RE: Dual exhaust conversion

Yes I've done the conversion. Best to do a complete swap of the muffler with new finishers. Not cheap but while your at it I would replace the rear bumper to the dynamic.

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
19-05-2014 04:44am
jph

Dual exhaust conversion

Hi John, i'm in Sydney and thinking of doing this too.

You can definity get the tow hook cover for about £20 in the UK.

In 2002 I bought a Peugeot 206 GTi and replaced the exhaust system with a custom stainless system from Hitec mufflers. It all went very well and I still have the car with the same exhaust today. Not sure though if im brave enough to risk the warranty on the Evoque by going down the same track again.

I'm thinking maybe tacking a dummy tail pipe and finisher on the right (with a matching finisher on the left) will be enough for me for now.

The problem is that the left oem tail pipe appear to point downwards and I would rather have the tailpipes horizontal.

Just recieved the tow bar I order last week so that should be a challenge for next weekend. Its a Trail Boss 50mm square hitch. Looks well made and solid.

Keep us posted if you go ahead with the conversion.

Superfox - did you get a petrol evoque with a single tailpipe?
Cheers
John
25-05-2014 11:44am
john Mountford

(25-05-2014 11:44am)jph Wrote:  Hi John, i'm in Sydney and thinking of doing this too.

You can definity get the tow hook cover for about £20 in the UK.

In 2002 I bought a Peugeot 206 GTi and replaced the exhaust system with a custom stainless system from Hitec mufflers. It all went very well and I still have the car with the same exhaust today. Not sure though if im brave enough to risk the warranty on the Evoque by going down the same track again.

I'm thinking maybe tacking a dummy tail pipe and finisher on the right (with a matching finisher on the left) will be enough for me for now.

The problem is that the left oem tail pipe appear to point downwards and I would rather have the tailpipes horizontal.

Hi JPH
The tow hook cover from the UK was about 25 pounds, but shipping was twice that amount. LRA can get it for a$70.00 +GST and its available from Melbourne.
I think I'm just going to get a fake exhaust on the RHS and get a new exhaust tip for the LHS that gets rid of the downward slope. Then I've just got to decide whether to wrap the grey area or paint it silver!
cheers
john

Just recieved the tow bar I order last week so that should be a challenge for next weekend. Its a Trail Boss 50mm square hitch. Looks well made and solid.

Keep us posted if you go ahead with the conversion.

Cheers
John
25-05-2014 11:06pm
jph

Dual exhaust conversion

Hi John
I would paint rather than wrap that part as it is textured plastic with lots of internal curves.
26-05-2014 02:39am
superfox

Cheers
John
[/quote]

John I had a pure model converted to Dynamic... exhausts had to be re-organised to fit perfectly so at the same time I had a few mods and made the exhaust a little growlier ^_^

FOX Rolling Eyes

Drive: 4 WHL R/H FULL TIME DRIVE CAB style: 3 DOOR Series: 2.0 GTDIS PETROL 3DR SERIES Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS AWF21AWD Engine: 2.0L 16V TIVCT T/C 240PS GAS Colour:SUMATRA BLACK Trim:SATIN BRUSHED METAL
26-05-2014 10:09am