Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drivers side seat moving on its own
TSO25

Drivers side seat moving on its own

Hi everyone,

My driverside car seat has been acting a bit strange today! I've got a 3 door 64 reg dynamic lux.

I did an airport run in the early hours and on my return I moved the gear in park (with engine still running) and hopped out to key in my gate code which I do everyday.

The seat normally stays in place, but as soon as I hopped back in it started going backwards and lowering itself to the point where I probably wasn't even visible from outside the car (barely pushing 5 foot here!) nevertheless I manually brought the seat back into position using the buttons on the side and thought perhaps I'd unwittingly knocked my memory settings on the door when hopping back in.

However, upon returning from work now, it's done it again - started going back for a couple of seconds, then it stopped and lowered itself for a couple of seconds, and repeated those actions until it was completely reclined and lowered.

I tried pressing my memory presets on the door during this time but it completely ignored them. Afterwards I manually moved the seat back into position and tried settings 1, 2 & 3 on the door and it responded to all of them.

The only time I've ever known my seats to automatically adjust is when I have the car in park and I turn the engine off and open the door, it lowers for me and vice versa when I get in the car.

Anybody else had an issue like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06-04-2017 04:49pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RREVO

RE: Drivers side seat moving on its own

(06-04-2017 04:49pm)TSO25 Wrote:  Hi everyone,

My driverside car seat has been acting a bit strange today! I've got a 3 door 64 reg dynamic lux.

I did an airport run in the early hours and on my return I moved the gear in park (with engine still running) and hopped out to key in my gate code which I do everyday.

The seat normally stays in place, but as soon as I hopped back in it started going backwards and lowering itself to the point where I probably wasn't even visible from outside the car (barely pushing 5 foot here!) nevertheless I manually brought the seat back into position using the buttons on the side and thought perhaps I'd unwittingly knocked my memory settings on the door when hopping back in.

However, upon returning from work now, it's done it again - started going back for a couple of seconds, then it stopped and lowered itself for a couple of seconds, and repeated those actions until it was completely reclined and lowered.

I tried pressing my memory presets on the door during this time but it completely ignored them. Afterwards I manually moved the seat back into position and tried settings 1, 2 & 3 on the door and it responded to all of them.

The only time I've ever known my seats to automatically adjust is when I have the car in park and I turn the engine off and open the door, it lowers for me and vice versa when I get in the car.

Anybody else had an issue like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check that in the settings menu you haven't got easy entry/exit ticked. If so untick it, then the seat should stay to your set memory settings.

Dynamic Si4 Auto 5dr, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Powered open & close Tailgate, 20” Gloss black wheels
07-04-2017 02:53pm
Doody

could also be that you grabed a different key clicker? i think you can tie them to the memory settings - so when you unlock the car it resets to that memory setting.

2012 Prestige Premium
07-04-2017 03:27pm
Donny Dog

(07-04-2017 03:27pm)Doody Wrote:  could also be that you grabed a different key clicker? i think you can tie them to the memory settings - so when you unlock the car it resets to that memory setting.

Some makes of car have that facility, but my Evoque never did.
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 08:59pm by Donny Dog.)
07-04-2017 08:58pm