Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Drivers door won't lock/unlock
Shakeyjake

Ok great, 2 months out of warranty and the drivers door has decided to play up & won't Lock/unlock off the key. You can also see from inside the car the lock button doesn't move as much as the others.
Any one have any ideas or know of a simple fix? Is it as simple as requiring a little oil somewhere or is it a raping from the dealership?

Cheers for any help,
Jason

2014 Zanzibar PureTech - Delivered on 01/03/2014 at 00:01...
2003 Td5 Discovery 2 in Epsom Green, awaiting the long list of Faults which are bound to come.
2008 Triumph 675triple Daytona my sweet, my love, my precious....
Moved on from Jap Crap and looking forward to nothing but British Eccentricity.
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2017 10:12pm by Shakeyjake.)
26-05-2017 09:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sasdiscos

RE: Drivers door won't lock/unlock

On my ff it was the control module. Purchased one from Duckworths and fitted in 1/2 hr. could be the issue. I proved it by switching a module from a working door.
26-05-2017 10:20pm
Barneyridge

Yep happened to my passenger door, and then started on drivers door. At one stage I could only get in if I held the open button on the remote to lower the windows and use the inside door handle. I had to replace both door locks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
29-05-2017 12:27pm
Andy131

RE: Drivers door won't lock/unlock

assuming that you haven't enabled global unlock (one blip unlocks all doors) then the drivers door lock will see much harder use than the rest, the scalextric sized motor slowly dies, normally it gives fair warning by going intermittent. Please don't ignore this warning, because if it dies completely it is far harder to replace the door lock if you can't unlock the door to remove the door card.
Should the lock have failed completely, you can sometimes get away with hitting the door as you press unlock - sometimes.

Not had the issue yet, but all four died on our FL2, and they are of a very similar design - I always enabled global unlock so all four doors saw the same amount of wear.
The motor genuinely does look like a toy scalextric car motor and is worth about £3, the door locks are not expensive, and not worth the bother of stripping.
29-05-2017 01:45pm