Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Car is in a committed to build slot - What does this actually mean?
jd563

Car is in a committed to build slot - What does this actually mean?

Just recieved an email from my dealer today saying that your car is in a committed to build slot, what does this mean? Does this mean that this is now being built as originally we were told it was a build date of 27th April delivery 18th May 2012.

Does this mean I will get my vehicle sooner than I think can anyone give me any information?Confused

Ordered Evoque 2.2 Auto 5 Door White, Pan roof....

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door, Fuji White, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Ebony Interior, Ebony Morzine headlining. Ordered October 2011, Delivered April 2012 Very Happy
13-04-2012 03:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Car is in a committed to build slot - What does this actually mean?

(13-04-2012 03:42pm)jd563 Wrote:  Just recieved an email from my dealer today saying that your car is in a committed to build slot, what does this mean? Does this mean that this is now being built as originally we were told it was a build date of 27th April delivery 18th May 2012.

Does this mean I will get my vehicle sooner than I think can anyone give me any information?Confused

Ordered Evoque 2.2 Auto 5 Door White, Pan roof....

It probably means that it's now too late to make any changes to the order, a situation you reach about three to four weeks before the build date. I was told that the final date was at the end of January, and my build slot was 24 February (which resulted in it arriving at the dealership on 2 March). All in all, it just sounds like everything's on time.
13-04-2012 03:54pm
Straydox

RE: Car is in a committed to build slot - What does this actually mean?

It just means that the factory has scheduled a build slot in their production schedule - in reality all the call-off (the automotive manufacturing industry does everything off contracts and schedules) orders go out to the suppliers of all of the components so they can plan their own manufacturing processes. The suppliers are then told which factory gate they need to be at - at a specific time so the components arrive line-side very close to the point that they will be fitted to your car - a process known as 'sequencing'.

Because the components to build your car are being called off from the suppliers your vehicle's spec is 'locked down' and you can't change it further.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
13-04-2012 07:04pm