Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Double lock beep has stopped
Mike

Since the car was serviced recently the double lock beep has stopped, even though this is still ticked in the setup info. Been back to the dealer but they say car needs to be in whilst they speak to Landrover. Has anyone else had this and know of a fix as dealer is 60 mile away.
Thanks.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 05:35pm by Mike.)
04-05-2014 05:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

It won't double lock if the hatch or bonnet is not closed properly. Check if the bonnet has latched properly and check that it's not broken as the latch sensor has been know to be faulty.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
04-05-2014 05:55pm
Mike

RE: Double lock beep has stopped

Sorry I should have said, it double locks ok but doesn't beep. I've just got into the habit of locking the car when walking away and listening for the beep.

Firenze Red Dynamic SD4 Man
Red Black Leather
Pan Roof
Shadow Alloys
Black Roof and Headlining
Privacy Glass
Delivered 27/1/12
04-05-2014 06:00pm
Barton Evoque

Go into menu on steering wheel and reset it.happened to me with a software update.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
04-05-2014 06:06pm
Davevx

Same happened here also on the recent rfa software update.

System reset some of the settings ie the beep.

As above easily reset through menu.

One other odd thing also happened to me. The distance to empty is reading 65 more now ! Approx 465miles per tank?

Here was the official LR response

"This is not a concern we have had reported from any other customers after Q363 has been done to any vehicles.

In the Message Centre in the Instrument Cluster the customer can change the Audible lock warning setting in the Vehicle Set up menu and then test the vehicle operation."

Im not sure if it is a case that the settings have been changed / reset when the update was applied, but would suggest checking the setup and then we can take it from there.

Hope this helps?"
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2014 07:35pm by Davevx.)
04-05-2014 07:29pm
JonBoy1889

I do find after any service/fix that the computer is a little different- and also it annoys me that they re-set the trip computer!
08-05-2014 03:34pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They don't "reset the trip computer" it resets automatically if the battery gets disconnected

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-05-2014 07:51pm
Sarcastrix

Just got my Evoque back after it's two weeks sitting around a LR workshop and the dock lock beep has stopped - off to play with the settings ...

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
31-10-2014 08:03am