RE: Door trim removal..?

A plastic pry tool is your friend.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
27-05-2014 10:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(21-05-2014 04:13am)mstraka Wrote:  I believe the door clips are a design that will need to be replaced when they are released. They appear to be of the same design that holds the tailgate trim panel to the tailgate. I found that in removing my tailgate trim only about half of the clips could be reused.

When you say tailgate trim, do you mean the inner large panel to access the innards of the tailgate? I have successfully removed this 3 times an never broke a clip when fitting my tailgate auto close module, using a plastic pry tool and some careful pulling with my hand, the clips are designed to release on little round heads and be re clipped.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-05-2014 11:15pm
mark_n

I watched an official Mercedes training video showing how to dismantle the interior of, in this cars, a Mercedes SL. It was striking how much they used plastic pry tools to ease out the parts without breaking or distorting the plastic latches.

In my ignorant days (which some might say are continuing), I would use a screwdriver to lever off a door panel which would invariably lead to broken studs and marred paintwork. Now, using a wide pry tool with a v-shaped notch allows you to apply gentle pressure around the stud with the back pressure evenly distributed to protect the surface.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
28-05-2014 05:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sounds like a pry tool should be part of today's DIY toolbox along with the torx drives, spanners and 14lb hammer.............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-05-2014 11:20am
RacingSnake

Thanks for the heads up - the dent chap is coming around this Friday, so I'll start dismantling the door trim tomorrow evening Smile
Will let you know how I get on Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
28-05-2014 08:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply