Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Door lock
Koidream

Door lock

Since last thursday we are proud to drive our Fuji white Evoque, but...
is it normal that the passengers door doesn't open before the driver opens his door?
I am pretty sure it is not.

This is what happens:
When the passenger tries to open the door, it does not open.
When the passenger first unlocks the door with the upper handle, the door still wan't open.
When the passenger pushes the unlock button (for all doors) the door opens.
The door also opens when the driver opens his door, unlocks the doors by the handle or by pushing the unlock button.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
05-04-2015 06:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tramline

RE: Door lock

(05-04-2015 06:41pm)Koidream Wrote:  Since last thursday we are proud to drive our Fuji white Evoque, but...
is it normal that the passengers door doesn't open before the driver opens his door?
I am pretty sure it is not.

This is what happens:
When the passenger tries to open the door, it does not open.
When the passenger first unlocks the door with the upper handle, the door still wan't open.
When the passenger pushes the unlock button (for all doors) the door opens.
The door also opens when the driver opens his door, unlocks the doors by the handle or by pushing the unlock button.

I think it can be changed under the Vehicle Set-up menu...find the 2-stage locking and change it too the single unlock I do think... its like having extra security to stop kids from jumping out before you allow from the drivers point of view...
05-04-2015 09:18pm
Koidream

(05-04-2015 09:18pm)tramline Wrote:  I think it can be changed under the Vehicle Set-up menu...find the 2-stage locking and change it too the single unlock I do think... its like having extra security to stop kids from jumping out before you allow from the drivers point of view...
The single and 2-lock system is to unlock the car from outside. What I mean is opening the door from inside, that doesn't work as it should.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

05-04-2015 11:29pm
Evo-king

Koidream.

This was a problem on our previous 5 door. My wife accused me of messing about and locking her in. Despite my best efforts to plead innocence she said it was my fault.

So much so that when we took delivering of our third Evoque last month, the first thing she asked when our salesman took us through the changed controls was how could she get out.

He explained it exactly as you have described.

I always opened my door to let her out. I didn't know about the double unlock?

Bit of a frustrating set up. But then again so is the lack of grab handles.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-04-2015 07:47am
paisan

(06-04-2015 07:47am)Evo-king Wrote:  Koidream.

This was a problem on our previous 5 door. My wife accused me of messing about and locking her in. Despite my best efforts to plead innocence she said it was my fault.

So much so that when we took delivering of our third Evoque last month, the first thing she asked when our salesman took us through the changed controls was how could she get out.

He explained it exactly as you have described.

I always opened my door to let her out. I didn't know about the double unlock?

Bit of a frustrating set up. But then again so is the lack of grab handles.

Well this is interesting . I had a 2012 Evoque previously . Last month I took delivery of an SD4 Pure ( so no keyless entry , you have to press the buttons on the key fob). My issue is that if I use the release lever on either front door ( passenger or Driver ) it immediately unlocks ALL passenger doors.

Dealer tells me its meant to be like that and is a "feature" of newer models.Rolling Eyes

But that behaviour is different to what you have described and as it was in 2012 model.

Anyone else with a recent 2015 model able to confirm / deny that , if sat inside vehicle and after driving - so that auto locking has occurred - you open either front door , that all passneger doors unlock .
It doesnt sound very safe to me , sat alone at a petrol station , you exit vehicle and then have to relock it so no one can open passenger door to half inch things .
11-05-2015 04:49pm
Koidream

Went back to the dealer. They told me they will have a closer look when I bring in the RRE for first maintenance (3.000 km) because the passenger lock doesn't bahave as it should. They did a quick test on another RRE in the showroom, that worked as it should.
Keep you informed after it went back to the dealer.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

11-05-2015 06:06pm
Kojak

I'll be very interested in your dealers reply Koidream.

My Car is a right hand drive obviously.
It is my drivers door that will not unlock with out first pushing the master switch.
It is a fault...how do I know this?
Because it hasn't always been like it.

I haven't made it back to the dealer about it yet..I keep putting it off.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
11-05-2015 07:25pm
paisan

Thats a new door lock mechanism . Two hour job .
I know because same thing happened to mine, couldnt open drivers door at all by pulling handle , had to press unlock buttons.

Am still not convinced that every door should unlock when opening either front door by release lever .
12-05-2015 07:16am
Koidream

So, today we went to our dealer for the first check up of our RRE with 4.850 km on the counter.
- The problem with the front locks (right door lock was broken on delivery, left door lock broke down yesterday) is solved. Two new replacement locks.
- Restricted performance fault should have been a DPF failure. It only happened once, so it is not been considered as a fault.
- Right small window on the back that is not placed correctly but wich passed the quality check in the factory is something I have to live with, even if it is misalligned several milimeters. Because it is a glued window I don't want have them corrected it.
So far the points I am not amused with for a premium brand, but the dealer acted as he should and could.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4