Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Docking to deliver turn-around time?
rob1

RE: Docking to deliver turn-around time?

(09-03-2013 01:07am)Mark^^ Wrote:  Mine docks at Port Kembla on 7 April (Easter Sunday) and the dealer in Canberra tells me he will have it on 25 April (ANZAC day).

Hi Mark, sounds like we are ship buddies on the ANIARA, arriving Port Kembla on Apr 7. Was off the coast of Senegal 4 days ago, but disappeared since then.
13-03-2013 11:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark^^

cool rob1, I must say I am getting somewhat excited at the soonish arrival, untill I also noticed it missing for the last few days, I expect it to be back on the radar as it approaches Durban. I hope there are no Senegalese pirates running around in Eovques at present,

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
14-03-2013 02:13am
Filski

Lol http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack fills in the blanks when it moves off the coast. Updates about 12hr intervals and includes weather info. The wave height info can be alarming I warn you!
14-03-2013 03:50am
Filski

Oh well...

Tomorrow is the day I pick up the evoque. I have had words with sales rep over lack of communication and what expect from a premium brand this week and thought it couldn't go wrong.

Well they didn't order the towbar meaning the car I pick up tomorrow is incomplete. Worse, I needed it to take myself and a mate + bikes and gear to the largest mtb race in Australia next weekend - their target market. Would've been great. I refuse to have bikes inside the car though so its not going to happen. So they spoil my first day of ownership, it has to go back to have the towbar fitted and I need an alternate vehicle.

Starting to regret changing my mind about the X3. My excitement about tomorrow and the brand is considerably dulled by the experience since putting down a deposit.

Oh well.
15-03-2013 08:19am
Amadeus

Oh dear - very disappointing for you Filski. No wonder there was a delay. Mine docked last Monday so still expecting it by Easter.....

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
15-03-2013 07:14pm
Filski

Well it's not the fault of the brand, its incompetence of the dealer but it does concern me what to expect when it comes time for a warranty repair. My tolerance for incompetence will be pretty low now and I think I'll sell pretty quickly if it looks like there are any issues.

A lot depends on the experience this morning, what extras they throw in as well as what the do to supply me with a vehicle for next weekend - as they promised at time of ordering if mine wasn't ready. A letter will be written to the CEO regardless. I've today goes badly ill let landrover know about the missed opportunity from next week in addition to the above issues.

15-03-2013 09:28pm
Mark^^

I hope it all goes well today Filski and hope they do the right thing by you

16-03-2013 12:03am
Filski

Well handover went ok, apart from the missing towbar which remains an issue to try and get fitted this week. That requires the dealer collecting it from work and dropping it off and at this stage I'm still not confident that I'll drive it to Canberra next weekend. They have to supply a freelander if that's the case.

I spent about 20mins inspecting the car for blemishes and the paintwork was fine apart from some spots on the drivers mirror which I'll get the detailer to smooth. Had a lengthy discussion with dealer about what was going to happen if they didn't get the towbar fitted. The dealer din't know much about the car to be honest, barely knew about some of the features and I told him to get his act together. I've been asking about the hitch size for 2 weeks yet he hadn't ordered it and hadn't found out the dimension - and that's just the start. Gtechiq is being applied tomorrow to exterior and leather and will get a 50% 3m Stable tint to glass. I'll get them to do fabrics as well.

In spite of all the hassles with the dealer the car is brilliant. While I didn't have that buzz when I saw it for the first time (expecting yet more bad news from the dealer), by days end I was smitten. It's such a nice place to be, inside having a cruise around listening to tunes. If there was one issue, it's that this car is best on open roads, not city driving. It feels painfully constrained so can't wait for a trip to Tasmania next month.

Here's an intial image, will take my camera out for a proper shoot eventually. Specs are:
TD4 Pure
Tech Pack
Clearview Pack
Reverse Camera
Roofrails (from Duckworth)

17-03-2013 02:20am
Mark^^

Looks great Filski congrats and on sand already.

Your brave if your taking it on the Spirit of Tasmania, I took my Subaru Liberty GT on it a few weeks ago, and suffered paint damage due to where they forced me to park, despite me kicking up a hell of a fuss.

17-03-2013 02:41am
rob1

(17-03-2013 02:20am)Filski Wrote:  Well handover went ok, apart from the missing towbar which remains an issue to try and get fitted this week. That requires the dealer collecting it from work and dropping it off and at this stage I'm still not confident that I'll drive it to Canberra next weekend. They have to supply a freelander if that's the case.

I spent about 20mins inspecting the car for blemishes and the paintwork was fine apart from some spots on the drivers mirror which I'll get the detailer to smooth. Had a lengthy discussion with dealer about what was going to happen if they didn't get the towbar fitted. The dealer din't know much about the car to be honest, barely knew about some of the features and I told him to get his act together. I've been asking about the hitch size for 2 weeks yet he hadn't ordered it and hadn't found out the dimension - and that's just the start. Gtechiq is being applied tomorrow to exterior and leather and will get a 50% 3m Stable tint to glass. I'll get them to do fabrics as well.

In spite of all the hassles with the dealer the car is brilliant. While I didn't have that buzz when I saw it for the first time (expecting yet more bad news from the dealer), by days end I was smitten. It's such a nice place to be, inside having a cruise around listening to tunes. If there was one issue, it's that this car is best on open roads, not city driving. It feels painfully constrained so can't wait for a trip to Tasmania next month.

Here's an intial image, will take my camera out for a proper shoot eventually. Specs are:
TD4 Pure
Tech Pack
Clearview Pack
Reverse Camera
Roofrails (from Duckworth)
Filski, who's doing your Gtechniq ... any recommendation for detailer in Sydney for new car treatment?
17-03-2013 09:05pm