Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discounts, Deals and Sweeteners
NightFox

Don't worry, I do know the current position with discounts on the Evoque, but...

My dealer is giving me an Evoque to play with all day tomorrow, and I'll probably end up placing an order afterwards (currently estimating Jan for delivery Sad). Over the years I've always dealt with the same guy at my local LR dealers and we've come to an 'understanding' where we don't bother haggling anymore, he just quotes me a good price which I know from experience no other dealer will better by anything significant. If I was dealing with the same guy, I'd just take his word that there was no movement on price.

However, I've got to deal with a different salesman this time, so it's like starting again. I know he's going to tell me there's no discount at all, but I want to be prepared to see what else I can push for, e.g. discount on extras, free floor mats, free servicing etc etc, so really I was just interested in knowing what, if anything, other UK buyers had managed to squeeze out of their dealers.

I know you can say that why should they bother, as they have customers queuing at the door, but in the long-term it's to their advantage as their previous discounts have kept me going back to them, even when I was living 200 miles away.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
19-06-2012 10:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rossy100

Unfortunately I think you will be lucky to get anything. Depending on dealer, the most you will probably be able to negotiate is mud flaps, and if you really good a tank of fuel! Almost certainly won't get a penny off of the car itself.
19-06-2012 10:06am
MartinP

RE: Discounts, Deals and Sweeteners

I don't think they are offering too much at the moment but if you play your loyalty card you might get something but please don't build up your hopes too much! Most of them are scrimping on a tank of fuel and the cost of that is less than £100.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
19-06-2012 10:25am
NightFox

(19-06-2012 10:25am)MartinP Wrote:  I don't think they are offering too much at the moment but if you play your loyalty card you might get something but please don't build up your hopes too much! Most of them are scrimping on a tank of fuel and the cost of that is less than £100.

Yeah, I'd sort of come to that conclusion. The only other card to play would be that they're quoting me January, while another 'trusted' dealer (Lookers PR) is saying November. That said, I think my dealer is just quoting Jan to be on the safe side so I wouldn't want to take advantage of them for doing the 'decent thing' when some less scrupulous dealers seem to be a bit less honest about lead times with potential customers.

Neil

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
19-06-2012 10:30am
MartinP

Lead times vary greatly from dealer to dealer depending on their allocation/order book so you can't read too much into that so if the commercials are the same you have to go with whoever you are most comfortable with. And you can always remind your dealer of your loyalty when circumstances change which of course they will do.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
19-06-2012 12:27pm
WB
WB

There is certainly scope for freebies.

You should expect about £200 - £250 in extras (mud flaps, rubber mats, boot mats, carpet mats etc). You should also be able to get an LR experience day voucher plus your FULL tank of fuel.

I and many others have been able to get the above. I didn't get teddy bears/flowers for the wife etc which some have got but the above was worth more to me.
19-06-2012 02:52pm
LDT

+1. I obtained GardX treatment, rubber boot mat, mudflaps and a full tank of fuel.

Good luck!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
19-06-2012 09:10pm
ED209

I got fec all ha ha, only got a full tank of fuel after i moaned to customer services about a few things.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
19-06-2012 10:16pm
J77

I got reduced GAP insurance and £2000 more for my Fl2 than originally offered.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-06-2012 10:20pm
WB
WB

Beware of reduced GAP, Tyre, SMART insurance as they are hugely over priced to begin with and the same or better can be bought online for much better prices.
19-06-2012 11:51pm