Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disable screen turn off
Jad22

Disable screen turn off

I realise that leaving the centre command screen on when parked and the engine off will deplete the battery, but what if I'm waiting in a car park for a passenger. Can you prevent the auto turn off of the system so I can listen to the radio. I've searched the forum and the manual but can't find any reference.
Regards and Merry Xmas to all.

Delivered 03/01/2019//SE Auto/Red/Black Pano roof/Front Fogs/Power fold Mirrors/Electric Gesture Tailgate/Rear Camera/heated steering wheel/privacy rear windows/.
I'm mature owner, had a few cars and this is the best drive yet!
24-12-2014 01:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Disable screen turn off

(24-12-2014 01:37pm)Jad22 Wrote:  I realise that leaving the centre command screen on when parked and the engine off will deplete the battery, but what if I'm waiting in a car park for a passenger. Can you prevent the auto turn off of the system so I can listen to the radio. I've searched the forum and the manual but can't find any reference.
just press the on off radio switch and it will restart radio, you can keep restarting it this way.
but not continuous.Confused have a good one.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2014 03:35pm by bee.)
24-12-2014 03:34pm
sorcerer

RE: Disable screen turn off

(24-12-2014 01:37pm)Jad22 Wrote:  I realise that leaving the centre command screen on when parked and the engine off will deplete the battery, but what if I'm waiting in a car park for a passenger. Can you prevent the auto turn off of the system so I can listen to the radio. I've searched the forum and the manual but can't find any reference.
Unfortunately, the radio/TV will turn off after quite a short period....10 mins or so, with the engine switched off. This is supposed to preserve battery power, but is a bit of a pain at times if you are watching the TV, as it takes ages to start up again.
Obviously, if the engine is running then it will not turn itself off.
24-12-2014 04:16pm