Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Detailing at dealership
Steveb68

Detailing at dealership

Hi everyone,

i am expecting to pick up my car end March beginning of April in london. I have a question, i will have to book a flight once i have got the date of the collection as I have to drive the car back to Vienna so will have a few days where the car will be sat at the dealers.... does anyone know of or had detailing carried out at the dealership before collection?

Ordered for end March 2013
Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
31-12-2012 12:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EpicEvo

Detailing at dealership

It brand new.... I don't get it... Detailing is about getting the car to look brand new... It already is lol what's to clean?
31-12-2012 05:31pm
Steveb68

Detailing at dealership

I have been reading up on detailing and the Gtechniq products.... I've read quite a few people that have had the car detailed close to whether have taken delivery and uncovered some issues with paintwork that ordinarily wouldn't have been detected....

I am also presuming that the Gtechniq product protects the car for longer

Have I been misinformed?

Dynamic SD4 automatic, Orkney grey, contrast Santorini Pano roof, style 7 shadow chrome, Privacy Glass, Tech Pac 2, Park assist,CHANGED TO VORTEX interior,Black Roof Rails,Adaptive Dynamics, and yes I know its a lot of money but aeroflip, Ebony H Lining, cold climate pack,adaptive Xenon headlights and Spare wheel
31-12-2012 05:39pm
The Valeter

RE: Detailing at dealership

I think the correct terminology should be "New Car Protection"!!!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
31-12-2012 06:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(31-12-2012 05:39pm)Steveb68 Wrote:  I have been reading up on detailing and the Gtechniq products.... I've read quite a few people that have had the car detailed close to whether have taken delivery and uncovered some issues with paintwork that ordinarily wouldn't have been detected....

Have I been misinformed?

You are correct! New car detailing is all about removing any factory defects in the paint and applying good protection products to both keep the interior and exterior looking good and making cleaning easier.

Gtechniq are awesome products - if you send me a PM I can give you the details of my approved Gtechniq detailer - Over the Rainbow. Which dealer are you collecting your car from?
31-12-2012 06:55pm
Evo-king

Steveb68, I replied to your post on the other forum.

There are quite a few of us on the forums who have used GTechniq Accredited Detailers and their products.

Good stuff in my opinion.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
31-12-2012 07:00pm
Steveb68

(31-12-2012 06:55pm)WB Wrote:  You are correct! New car detailing is all about removing any factory defects in the paint and applying good protection products to both keep the interior and exterior looking good and making cleaning easier.

Gtechniq are awesome products - if you send me a PM I can give you the details of my approved Gtechniq detailer - Over the Rainbow. Which dealer are you collecting your car from?

Tried PMing you but says you have reached your PM quota

31-12-2012 07:29pm
WB
WB

(31-12-2012 07:29pm)Steveb68 Wrote:  Tried PMing you but says you have reached your PM quota

Just cleared it.
31-12-2012 08:31pm
Samson

Detailing at dealership

(31-12-2012 06:55pm)WB Wrote:  You are correct! New car detailing is all about removing any factory defects in the paint and applying good protection products to both keep the interior and exterior looking good and making cleaning easier.

+1 Cannot recommend GTechniq enough and the detailer that WB recommends is fantastic!

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
01-01-2013 01:31am
jvz567

(31-12-2012 05:39pm)Steveb68 Wrote:  I have been reading up on detailing and the Gtechniq products.... I've read quite a few people that have had the car detailed close to whether have taken delivery and uncovered some issues with paintwork that ordinarily wouldn't have been detected....

Have I been misinformed?

You are right - http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...irl-Option Exclamation
04-01-2013 10:34pm