Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dealership Problems again
Token

RE: Dealership Problems again

It's not that I've never had to complain, I just prefer not to take the risk. I used to work in a customer service role and when people complained, I always made them a priority because I like an easy life...they also usually had a valid complaint so it wad right that I put it right. However, I saw many of my colleagues take the opposite approach...so all I'm saying, is that you take a chance when complaining. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
29-10-2011 11:25am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

Token - depends on a number of factors, when you placed your deposit, how much you put down, original build date, second built date, third built date, Xenons ordered then no Xenons, the list is endless, get the picture???

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
29-10-2011 11:57am
Token

Think we have crossed wires...you clearly have valid reason for complaint and I'm not a fan of LR Dealers. I just always think it's a little dangerous to complain.

Hope it works out for you.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
29-10-2011 12:12pm
Daigriff

I can see where Token is coming from here and he is right in saying that the way in which a complaint is made can sometimes have a bearing on the ultimate outcome.

Whether LR dealers have any control on our final delivery dates after they've been "called" I dont know...but I for one haven't gone in with all guns blazing as its not my way anyway.

I only wish I could turn back the clock 12 months, knowing what I know now, I would have gone with a different dealer...a dealer that didn't have so many orders ... and I would probably have had my Evoque by now!!!!!!

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2011 12:25pm by Daigriff.)
29-10-2011 12:24pm
Evoqess

(29-10-2011 12:12pm)Token Wrote:  Think we have crossed wires...you clearly have valid reason for complaint and I'm not a fan of LR Dealers. I just always think it's a little dangerous to complain.

Hope it works out for you.

Agree. That old saying "you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar". I also know what human nature is like - The last thing you want to do is take a chance and alienate someone you need on your side. I have seen this happen, in, of all places - healthcare. When you complain remember that you are complaining to a fellow human being and that they may react one way to you but behave the opposite behind the scenes.
I even have trouble complaining to anonymous customer agents over the phone, trying to stay pleasant. After all, I want them to hear me in a non offended state!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-10-2011 07:35pm
ytshome

We are all made differently and that's what makes the world go around and be such fun. For me if I have reason to complain I do just that. Always intitially in a personable and pleasant way for exactly the same reasons as Evoqess but firmness is always an option that can be explored. As my Dad always says to me....."if someone treats you well son treat them twice as well but if they treat you badly..............

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2011 09:26pm by ytshome.)
29-10-2011 09:26pm