Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dealer Experience
AndyFrance

Dealer Experience

Car has left factory and on the way to France, but still no delivery date. Probably parked up awaiting transport. I’m starting to feel excited again, the same way I did when I placed the order. Unfortunately, another poor customer service experience with the dealership today has dulled that a little.

Here in France, you pay for “Forfait immatriculation”. Basically, Carte Grise (Log book) and a few ‘Earners’ for the dealership. I know it’s a little late in the day, but I decided to ask them for a breakdown of the 875€ charge. Well, this lot weren’t after a few earners, they were out to take the p!##.

They juggled the figure’s to justify the exact charge of 875€, using diesel cost to round it up.

Carte Grise 466,76€
Admin Fee 50,00€
Emergency Kit 75,00€ warning triangle & Hi-Vis Jacket (10€ in supermarket)
Client Advantage Card 150,00€ (Haven’t got a clue?)
Diesel 40 Ltr 63,24€ @1,58 per Ltr. (1,04 per Ltr in local petrol station)
Locking wheel nuts 70,00€

I think they’ve overcharged for the Carte Grise. I’m going to check tomorrow, because if they have, and it being a government tax, that is fraud.

The Admin Fee according to them is because they have to pay for a licence to arrange the Carte Grise? I told them what they really mean is that their clients have to pay for their licence.

The Emergency Kit. Well, a bloody insult to charge that much.

Client Advantage Card = Make it up as you go along.

Diesel cost = A kick in the B@!!@€ks.

Locking wheel nuts = Scam! The car comes with them as standard equipment.

They’ve agreed to remove some of the item’s from my invoice……….That’s nice of them!

I’m buying a 50 odd grand car from them, and that’s still not enough, they have to squeeze a little bit more.

As much as JLR try to distance themselves from the dealerships, claiming they are independent businesses is not good enough. I believe they should be watching them and their business practice’s through a loupe. Dealer’s are the public face of JLR, and should be beyond reproach, but we all know what some of them are up to, and the above is a prime example.

Disappointed, but not surprised, and looking forward to delivery day!
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 09:19pm by AndyFrance.)
04-11-2015 09:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pete

RE: Dealer Experience

Sounds pretty rough to me, especially having to be invoiced for parts that should be included as standard.

You might find the diesel is so expensive because it's been watered down with Evian. My dealer-filled Evoque was pretty underpowered until I filled it with proper fuel....
04-11-2015 09:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply