Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dash display when in traction control
smarty

Dash display when in traction control

hi all,

When you engage one of the off road modes, the display in the dash changes and shows all four wheels.
I have not used it off road yet so don't understand what the display is telling me.

What's it all about?
08-04-2012 10:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Dash display when in traction control

Welcome to the forum Smarty,

It's telling you which TR mode you are in and which way the front wheels are pointing - turn the steering wheel and the image of the front wheels should move in the same direction. When you get into slippery conditions and sand it can be difficult until you start moving to tell which way the front wheels are pointing. You will also see if the HDC is active and if the Traction control is operating at the time - these two have separate icons on the dash.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 10:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-04-2012 10:22pm
smarty

(08-04-2012 10:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Welcome to the forum Smarty,

It's telling you which TR mode you are in and which way the front wheels are pointing - turn the steering wheel and the image of the front wheels should move in the same direction. When you get into slippery conditions and sand it can be difficult until you start moving to tell which way the front wheels are pointing. You will also see if the HDC is active and if the Traction control is operating at the time - these two have separate icons on the dash.

Hi Tim, thanks for the welcome and the response.

Having not gone off road I did not realise that it can be difficult to tell which way your wheels are pointing. It now makes perfect sense. Thanks Fella.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 10:26pm by smarty.)
08-04-2012 10:25pm
Donny Dog

If you're using 'launch control', it helps ensure you launch in the direction you intended!
08-04-2012 11:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Of course you can also see which way your wheels are pointing by looking out of the open side window.............. but you then risk getting dirty water and muck all over the interior if you step on the gas and the wheels spin!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-04-2012 10:28am