Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dash cams
Steve D

Dash cams

Still struggling to decide on a dash cam for my Evoque. Bought a cheap one off eBay but couldnt get the angle to fit it behind my mirror and out of my sight when using it plus it hung down about six inches and was too visible from outside. I'm looking for one that's stays in the car, goes on and off with the ignition and is fairly hidden from the outside - don't want to get my window smashed by some scrote looking for a bit of beer money! Any suggestions for ones that fit well in the Evoque - I have auto wipers so there's quite a chunk of mirror to get round. Better still, any pictures of one fitted from both inside and outside would be great. Cost isn't a problem as work is paying for it.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
24-12-2015 01:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Dash cams

blackvue is discreet you could paint it black.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
24-12-2015 02:23pm
Pete

My in-laws bought me a fairly discrete HD one from 7dayshop. I'll have a play with setting it up and see if I can report back tomorrow (depending on how my time has been decided for me).

Porsche Macan
26-12-2015 10:09pm
Steve D

Well, I bought a cheap one - £15 off the 'bay and it was a lot bigger than I thought - I think it ran on VHS tapes. Anyway, I chucked that and have just taken delivery of an 0806 mini. As the name suggests, it's tiny. Haven't fitted it yet but it looks good - from what I can see of it!

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM5J5mH9AZ8

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
05-01-2016 01:58pm
PhilSkill

0806 does look good and mini, I'd be interested how you get on with it, I have a GoPro Hero 4 Silver, great video, but wouldn't want to leave it on show!

Only downers were the Parking mode has a possible issue stopping recording starting again after getting in the car triggers a record, and has no pre-buffer so wont record till 10 seconds after the car has been hit in parking mode.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-01-2016 06:54pm
Pete

The dashcam I was given is a bit problematic, and I wouldn't really recommend it. It has a USB lead, but will only charge from the in-car power adapter and appears to be in an "always on" state. It'll be good for playing with and seeing if having a more beefy dash cam is a good thing or not.

Porsche Macan
12-01-2016 04:18pm
Steve D

Well, I fitted mine and hardwired it in but unfortunately that was last Friday morning and I had to take the car in on Friday afternoon for some warranty work to the locking system. Just had the phone call to say it can be collected tomorrow so it will be interesting so see the footage of it being repaired. Wink

12-01-2016 07:51pm
wheels

How big a memorycard do you use, and do you have power to the camera the whole time?
13-01-2016 01:07am
Steve D

Well, my camera can take up to two 128gb cards but on the recommendation of others, I just use one 32gb card on a loop. I have my one connected to the 12v power socket fuse so it automatically starts recording when the vehicle is unlocked and continues for a few minutes after ignition is switched off and car locked.

13-01-2016 08:19am
brukutu

Dash cams

I just fitted mine today. I attached it to my dash lights. Looks quite neat in my opinion

Records front and back

[Image: e665c1bdf60c7705d49b66937b28d3af.jpg]

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk
17-08-2016 09:49pm