Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DVD & movie playback
ajap88

DVD & movie playback

Has anyone with an Oz Evoque (without HDD navigation) been able to play DVD & movie playback? I have a Prestige with upgraded 825w stereo but haven't been able to Sad

Would appreciate if someone can confirm. Feel like we're getting ripped off here in Oz!!!
29-03-2012 01:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pugracer

RE: DVD & movie playback

Did u get sound or nothing at all? Mine (Hong Kong version) can only give me audio. Nothing on the screen. The dealer says it's because local low prohibits movie playing on console, which is true. However, it's quite annoying that even I have parked my car, I cannot watch video. Which is really stupid. I am also wondering if there is a way to enable it, so I can at least watch when the car is not moving.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
29-03-2012 02:58pm
doug

(29-03-2012 02:58pm)pugracer Wrote:  Did u get sound or nothing at all? Mine (Hong Kong version) can only give me audio. Nothing on the screen. The dealer says it's because local low prohibits movie playing on console, which is true. However, it's quite annoying that even I have parked my car, I cannot watch video. Which is really stupid. I am also wondering if there is a way to enable it, so I can at least watch when the car is not moving.

Hi,

Pete from http://www.bellautoservices.co.uk sells the movie on the go box (works in the UK). Ask him if it would work overseas.
Pete is one if the site sponsors.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
29-03-2012 05:21pm
Aussievoque

(29-03-2012 01:07pm)ajap88 Wrote:  Has anyone with an Oz Evoque (without HDD navigation) been able to play DVD & movie playback? I have a Prestige with upgraded 825w stereo but haven't been able to Sad

Would appreciate if someone can confirm. Feel like we're getting ripped off here in Oz!!!

I assumed it was an added $$$ option. Does the standard unit play dvd?? Anyone...??
29-03-2012 10:56pm
maccacch

(29-03-2012 01:07pm)ajap88 Wrote:  Has anyone with an Oz Evoque (without HDD navigation) been able to play DVD & movie playback? I have a Prestige with upgraded 825w stereo but haven't been able to Sad

hi, i have a dynamic with the dynamic tech pack and also the upgraded stereo and yes, it does play dvd movies. it'll only do so when the car is stationary tho. hope this helps
30-03-2012 02:12am
pugracer

(29-03-2012 05:21pm)doug Wrote:  Hi,

Pete from http://www.bellautoservices.co.uk sells the movie on the go box (works in the UK). Ask him if it would work overseas.
Pete is one if the site sponsors.

Thanks for the tip! Let me ask him.

[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
31-03-2012 03:08pm
ravinath

I have a Dynamic without Tech Pack and I can't play video either. Rather annoyed because the dealer said I could play MP4's via USB as per the brochure but I have tested multiple types of MP4 file types and it won't play them. Also, I noticed I don't have a "MY VIDEO" option under RADIO and MY MUSIC.

Writing a letter to Land Rover and ACCC for false advertising as the brochure says it will play it without disclaimer.

Will let you know how I go.

5 Door Dynamic SD4 Auto
Fuji White with Contrast Santorini Panoramic Roof
Auto Tailgate, Rear Air Con, Privacy Glass, Dynamic Plus Pack
06-09-2012 12:12am
QUEEVO

DVD & movie playback

I believe you can only play DivX video... Not certain but I think that's the case.

In order to do this you first need to "authorise the device". In order to do this, you need to have a DivX account and add the code from the Evoque to add "a new device", you then get an email link to a DivX video you need to play in the Evoque... Sounds hideous but really simple and now I can convert most codecs to DivX and play in the car (when stopped).

I have not tried playing mp4 or mov files yet only this DivX option (with success).

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
03-12-2012 11:34am