Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Repairs - will this ultimately cost me?
Stadt Panzer

Repairs - will this ultimately cost me?

F useless springs to mind on your dealers part. If I was close to you I'd sort it out for you. The panel should be no great task to remove.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
18-05-2015 12:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fedup

RE: Repairs - will this ultimately cost me?

So... here's an update. The rattle is not only still there, but it's got a lot worse.

I called my dealer and asked them to just replace the panel in question, rather than try and repair it yet again. They said they can't do that as it's not a manufacturing defect (?!). So it's going to go to the workshop for the fifth time since March.

But it angers me so much that the rattle was there on the test drive and the salesperson told me it'd be an easy fix. I paid £35,000 on their assurance it'd not rattle and... it still rattles. STILL.

They literally couldn't care less. They've got my cash and there's nothing I can do about it. I can't believe I've fallen for it again. Two Evoques, both a complete pain in my arse.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2015 04:51pm by fedup.)
04-08-2015 02:55pm
Stadt Panzer

Which dealer are you using?

04-08-2015 04:32pm
fedup

Land rover in Thames Ditton. Something has just dawned on me - could I take legal action against them for mis-selling I wonder...?
04-08-2015 04:50pm
Stadt Panzer

PM sent

04-08-2015 06:43pm
browny287

I have had the same problem with that particular dealer, without going into details as there have been a number of issues, they have absolutely no communication skills even between the people in the same office. They did cure the overhead console rattle in mine but it took three attempts over the course of three months. Whenever you mention that something is a known issue it just gets ignored. Previously i have owned four Jags and have used them on and off for about twenty years but my experience of them over the last nine months means I will never darken their doorstep again particularly when I decide to buy a new car.
06-08-2015 03:56pm