Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
DRIVING DAYS!
cobkelly

RE: DRIVING DAYS!

Hi Blackseries,

I've gone for a Pure SD4 manual, sumatra black with the cirrus interior. Options got a bit more complex earlier in the week. Had spec'd Auto Dim mint mirror which required auto headlamps. High beam assist. Front fogs, panoramic, rain sensor wipers, elect mirrors. Dealer (Guy Salmon in Coventry) told me that for high beam assist I needed one of the xenon options which in turn requires headlamp power wash.... Although web configurator allows without headlamp wash the dealer couldn't place order without it.

Concerns: Sumatra black. From what everyone says here Barolo would be a better option but dealer told me this wouldn't be available until end of Q1 next year.
A bit concerned about the light interior from what has been said today, but will stick with it.

Car ordered through Lombard as I already use them for the company vehicles, so making changes is a bit long-winded and can't just do it on a whim - I actually signed off with Lombard back in May and order only now going into queue at dealer - has confirmed mid-December date still on (we'll see...). However, less concerned on options than I would be if I was purchasing rather than leasing as I don't have to worry about residuals etc.

If I was purchasing myself, I think I would make the stretch to a Prestige (just to add comment to that one)
08-07-2011 04:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

(08-07-2011 04:13pm)cobkelly Wrote:  Concerns: Sumatra black. From what everyone says here Barolo would be a better option but dealer told me this wouldn't be available until end of Q1 next year.
A bit concerned about the light interior from what has been said today, but will stick with it.

Ok Sumatra Black isn't as glittery as Santorini but at least its a good Black. With Audi and some BMW blacks you get a dark grey rather than a proper Black - Sumatra is a nice proper Black Black. Barolo looks nice with the Ambience interior but I'm not so sure with Cirrus - so I think you have a good combo. As you may have read here elsewhere RR interiors scrub up really well - so don't be afraid of the light!

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
08-07-2011 04:30pm
vinda

Land rovers idea of driving day is buy the car. Wait until we can be bothered to make it. Then drive at your leisure once you collect. Not a second before
(29-06-2011 02:09pm)vinda Wrote:  Yeah. Can't wait either. Hopefully won't be dissappointed.

The irony
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2011 01:42am by vinda.)
11-07-2011 01:40am
SW6RR

I have just cancelled on the Gloucestershire Daylesford Farm Shop event on Saturday 3rd September so if anyone is keen for that there should be a slot if you move fast...
16-08-2011 01:08pm