Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DAB+ Radio for Land Rovers
AUBabyRR

Land Rover does not support it new car buyers in countries that have a DAB+ broadcast. DAB+ is in Ireland, Australia, Norway, Germany and Switzerland all with good Land Rover sales. DAB+ is the preferred medium from the old DAB used in UK. The web is awash with Land rover fans trying to get their vehicles changed to receive DAB+, Median the supplier of the sound systems to Rover and Jaguar Jaguar have the same system but it is programmed with DAB+ to its customers.

please sign our Petition for DAB+ Firmware use link below......

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dab-...overs.html
18-10-2012 05:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

RE: DAB+ Radio for Land Rovers

A vehicle manufacturer using previous-generation technology in its overpriced ICE? Never!

I do have to say though that for such a distinct and prestige brand, JLR does disappoint me a bit when it comes to technology; not the cars themselves, but stuff like ICE and drivers aids. Some of the tech currently available on mainstream hatchbacks puts JLR's to shame.

That said, I can't remember who it was, but at least up till the start of this year there was a car manufacturer who only offered an analogue TV in their UK spec extras list, despite their not being any analogue TV signal in the UK any more...

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 09:51am by NightFox.)
18-10-2012 09:51am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

"the web is awash with Land Rover fans......................... etc"
If this is true that this is the first time DAB+ has been mentioned on this forum or any of the other LR owner's forums (9 of them!) that I read. You do your case no favours by overstating the case, LR will just ignore it as they read all the other fora as well.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-10-2012 10:00am
AUBabyRR

Hi Just a quick up date, Land Rover are ignoring all requests to even discuss the DAB+ support in Australia. funny though t the Jaguar with the same system is programmed for DAB+. If you hold the "Range Rover" emblem on the Meridian system for 8 to 10 seconds then the "valet" button for 8-10 seconds you get into the system set up screen. The system has been built as you can see from the new screen it was built for Jaguar/Range Rover so its obviously has different Firmware to what vehicle it is installed into. I have no issues to pay for the Firmware upgrade and the only way to do this is keep pestering your dealer and Land Rover Australia and see how keen they are to sell you a new vehicle in 3 years....... And prove they do listener to it customers.[/size][/font]

please sign our Petition for DAB+ Firmware use link below......

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dab-...overs.html[font=Arial][size=medium]
15-11-2012 04:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Your link in the message above doesn't work I keep getting
Unfortunately the following page was not available: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dab-...overs.html
The link in your first post does work though.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2012 10:36am by XFullFatTim.)
15-11-2012 10:34am
AUBabyRR

Hi sorry the link was broken here is a new link. I had a reply from Lisa Palmer "Jaguar Land Rover Corporate Affairs" and its now a starting gain a bit of momentum.... Please keep signing....

Thanks

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/dab-...overs.html
23-11-2012 05:53am
Jai

Good work mate, good to see you made some progress. I might get my dealer onto it aswell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
23-11-2012 08:57am
Socrates

I am from the USA and just got a 2013 pure plus evoque with navi do I have the option of DAB? were can I find it ? and what does it exactly do?
09-01-2013 10:16pm
The Valeter

Can't say I am that bothered TBH as I rarely ever use the radio, just the CD.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
09-01-2013 11:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
goldenboi79

Lol Socrates - DAB is Digital Radio. We don't have it in North America. We have Satellite Radio here instead. Regions with more densly packed populations such as UK/Europe get DAB because they can cover their populaion with digital broadcast towers. In North America, the Sirius/XM satellite option is what we can get in our vehicles. I suppose if your REALLY wanted to, you could order a European/Australian spec entertainment unit and replace your North American one and listen to the sound of silence.

I love seeing people so excited about an option and wanting it without even knowing what it is Tongue Out

(09-01-2013 10:16pm)Socrates Wrote:  I am from the USA and just got a 2013 pure plus evoque with navi do I have the option of DAB? were can I find it ? and what does it exactly do?

2013 Range Rover Evoque Si4 Prestige: 5 Door, Santorini Black, Tan Interior, Cold Weather Package, Park Assist, 20" Style 6 Wheels.

Build date: 21 August 2012
Vancouver, BC, Canada
10-01-2013 04:54am