Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Customer Services tell it like it is
Cedric

RE: Customer Services tell it like it is

(24-01-2012 11:20pm)Daglass Wrote:  And having thought about it I'm cancelling in the morning.
Atrocious behaviour from an apparently prestige brand.
I get better service in poundland

The problem is you're going to regret it every time you see one driving by Wink When did you order yours?
24-01-2012 11:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(24-01-2012 11:20pm)Daglass Wrote:  And having thought about it I'm cancelling in the morning.
Atrocious behaviour from an apparently prestige brand.
I get better service in poundland

Good on you F**k Them, I am seriously thinking the same, just about had enoughEvil

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
24-01-2012 11:26pm
Straydox

Very Happy
(24-01-2012 11:26pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Good on you F**k Them, I am seriously thinking the same, just about had enoughEvil

Thanks - that's one less they have to build and the rest of us are one production unit step closer....Very Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
25-01-2012 12:38am
broady43

(24-01-2012 10:57pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Definitely, one of your better posts Dan, I like the logic.

Dan tells it straight,some people don't like it and some do!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
25-01-2012 12:44am
Straydox

(24-01-2012 07:41pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I went to Topps Tiles yesterday with a question about sealing tiles. The salesman gave me an answer but wasn't totally sure so made about six phone calls until he knew the information he was giving me was correct. So I spent £21 in their store.

You're spending £40,000-odd and your dealership couldn't have made that call for you? Crap.

Mmm and the production processes of a ceramic tile and a complex vehicle with probably 6,000 items from a couple of thousand suppliers are the same then?

If you look back through my early posts I described how automotive assembly process works and the complexities of getting the myriad of components to precise points on the assembly track at exact times. If you understood it then you would be really surprised that you received a vehicle at all. JLR have access to extremely sophisticated manufacturing forecasting and planning tools and even with all of that it is challenging to provide an accurate build date several months out.

When you order is accepted by the factory and 'committed and planned' with all the scheduled component call-offs from the component suppliers confirmed then the forecast dates are much more accurate - and we see that here every day. Some people get really accurate build/delivery dates and others wait a while longer most probably due to QA issues with components.

So when you ask the dealer/customer services for an accurate delivery date any date given can be know more than a best guess/guidance from the manufacturer and no more.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 01:27am by Straydox.)
25-01-2012 12:56am
LDT

(25-01-2012 12:38am)Straydox Wrote:  Very Happy
Thanks - that's one less they have to build and the rest of us are one production unit step closer....Very Happy

I don't think it will work that way - the orders will go ahead to build and some lucky people will snap up the finished articles soon after they hit the showroom.

Daglass/THEMACS - Try to remain positive if you can. You really could regret not waiting, keep thinking of the posts where people received surprise phone calls re early build dates, and even calls to say the cars have arrived unexpectedly at dealerships. Personally I would also complain bitterly to CS, who knows, they may realise that your patience are being sorely tested and to all they can to placate you.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 01:02am by LDT.)
25-01-2012 01:00am
ED209

Seeing as i was told my delivery has gone back 2 weeks yesterday i have been back on to nick@landrover to see if i now may qualify for the £150 good will gesture. I had been told i didnt qualify previously because i had never previously had a confirmed build/delivery date. Lets see what the answer is now?
25-01-2012 09:01am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They should stop building 95% of the export cars and concentrate on home market for the next year, especially as the prices we appear to be paying are subsidising most of the non-European markets. At the minimum LR should have a 50/50 split home to non-European cars until the European market back log is cleared

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 10:01am by XFullFatTim.)
25-01-2012 10:00am
THEMACS

(25-01-2012 10:00am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  They should stop building 95% of the export cars and concentrate on home market for the next year, especially as the prices we appear to be paying are subsidising most of the non-European markets. At the minimum LR should have a 50/50 split home to non-European cars until the European market back log is cleared

Couldn't Agree More!! But where is Their Home Market?? Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
25-01-2012 10:21am
dandavis1

(25-01-2012 12:56am)Straydox Wrote:  Mmm and the production processes of a ceramic tile and a complex vehicle with probably 6,000 items from a couple of thousand suppliers are the same then?

I didn't read any more of your post - it looked a bit waffley. But my original post was to do with customer service not production processes and the number of components it takes to build a car.

I'm not suggesting LR should be able to give delivery dates to within an hour, but I am suggesting that the dealer should have tried harder to obtain some/any information for a customer.
25-01-2012 10:46am