Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crackling noise
woaps

Crackling noise

I've noticed that when I drive at speed (at least around 50 mph) I can hear an intermittent crackling noise (a bit like two live electrical wires periodically brushing against each other) from the area around the drivers sun visor/door pillar. Anyone any ideas or experienced this before? Another issue to go to the dealers for!!
04-05-2013 08:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gibbyd

Crackling noise

(04-05-2013 08:33am)woaps Wrote:  I've noticed that when I drive at speed (at least around 50 mph) I can hear an intermittent crackling noise (a bit like two live electrical wires periodically brushing against each other) from the area around the drivers sun visor/door pillar. Anyone any ideas or experienced this before? Another issue to go to the dealers for!!

Have this myself and have traced it to the the black plastic A pillar capping on the windscreen. Give it a wobble when you are parked and you will hear the funny squeaking noise coming from the rubber trim that contacts the glass. I have had a new screen so my cappings have been replaced properly by the fitter.
04-05-2013 11:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply