Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Coupe Front Seats
Evo-king

Coupe Front Seats

Time to kick the debate off then.

If it is to be believed, MY2013 gets improved/faster front seat motors.

Where does that leave us launch year owners?

Is this a design flaw?

Should JLR sort this out for the rest of us?

What is our course of action?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-07-2012 08:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Coupe Front Seats

I'll be speaking to the dealer when I get back from Brazil.
Will certianly be pushing for these FOC since it was something I commented on when I bought the car and was aknowledged as a 'problem' by the dealer (verbally... sadly).

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
11-07-2012 08:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Have PM'd nick@lr about foc retrofit - will let you know when I get a response

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
11-07-2012 08:34pm
sco77harris

I want those motors!!!
11-07-2012 11:27pm
Neo

Coupe Front Seats

Fat chance getting them to retrofit the faster seats on yr car. I guess u guys were ok with the speed of those motors when u bought the car?

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
12-07-2012 06:26am
cjfp

@neo - the speed of the motors was a well known issue long before the car went into full production. In fact, it was probably the most moaned about thing in the pre-pro cars and therefore I think that nearly everyone that ordered prior to full production was expecting this to be one of the items that was resolved, but to no avail. I wasn't happy to find this out when I collected my car but what were my choices - take it or leave it! Not a major enough issue for me to reject the car.

There was rumour some months ago of a recall to fit new motors but that never actually came to be.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 07:01am by cjfp.)
12-07-2012 07:00am
Neo

Coupe Front Seats

Yeah, it would be hard to know the issue until u see it in the flesh.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
12-07-2012 07:40am
Urban Splash

It's a shame LR are doing the minimum (i.e nothing) about addressing customers concerns. Last year, there was talk that LR were going to offer compensation for those with delays. This never came about (unless dealers pocketed it). I imagine due to the popularity of the car still, and the massive payouts to senior managers, you got no chance of a retrofit. I don't think LR care if they come across as arrogant and greedy. Just like most of their dealers! (although to be fair, mine was spot on!)

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 08:04am by Urban Splash.)
12-07-2012 08:03am
mark_n

(11-07-2012 08:34pm)cjfp Wrote:  Have PM'd nick@lr about foc retrofit - will let you know when I get a response

Does he (or is it a she) ever reply to anything?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-07-2012 11:41am
speary

(11-07-2012 08:21pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I'll be speaking to the dealer when I get back from Brazil.
Will certianly be pushing for these FOC since it was something I commented on when I bought the car and was aknowledged as a 'problem' by the dealer (verbally... sadly).

Verbally can be good enough in dispute situations
(12-07-2012 11:41am)mark_n Wrote:  Does he (or is it a she) ever reply to anything?

Yes
I suspect that it might be the gearing of the motor that needs changing which might not be such a big change

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 12:14pm by speary.)
12-07-2012 12:12pm