Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coupe Front Seats
Owend

Coupe Front Seats

Has anyone seen/tried out the electric mechanism of the coupe front seats. During the Evoque Live in Brussels everyone noticed how slow the seats were to move forward giving access to the rear seats. Not too sure if it was a "feature" or something to do with power in the battery. Has anyone accessed the rear seats in a coupe ? if so, did you have any issues moving the front seats forward ? will make the difference if i change my order for a 5 door.....
07-07-2011 07:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HA54SYM

RE: Coupe Front Seats

(07-07-2011 07:19pm)Owend Wrote:  Has anyone seen/tried out the electric mechanism of the coupe front seats. During the Evoque Live in Brussels everyone noticed how slow the seats were to move forward giving access to the rear seats. Not too sure if it was a "feature" or something to do with power in the battery. Has anyone accessed the rear seats in a coupe ? if so, did you have any issues moving the front seats forward ? will make the difference if i change my order for a 5 door.....

I'd also like to know this as we have a 2 year old, and form over function of course, means we would like the Coupe rather than a 5 door. (Currently have a Golf GTi 3 door so used to the back seat issues)

Are they electric only, or can you move them manually tilt and forward?

Dave
07-07-2011 07:58pm
sercos

(07-07-2011 07:58pm)HA54SYM Wrote:  
(07-07-2011 07:19pm)Owend Wrote:  Has anyone seen/tried out the electric mechanism of the coupe front seats. During the Evoque Live in Brussels everyone noticed how slow the seats were to move forward giving access to the rear seats. Not too sure if it was a "feature" or something to do with power in the battery. Has anyone accessed the rear seats in a coupe ? if so, did you have any issues moving the front seats forward ? will make the difference if i change my order for a 5 door.....

I'd also like to know this as we have a 2 year old, and form over function of course, means we would like the Coupe rather than a 5 door. (Currently have a Golf GTi 3 door so used to the back seat issues)

Are they electric only, or can you move them manually tilt and forward?

Dave

Hi all,

I observed the same strange behaviour at Barcelona Automomobile Show: the movement of the front electric seats to enter into the back seats in the 3 doors coupe was very very slowly and I didn't see any other way of move the front seats to enter into the back of the car. I got annoyed by this strange feature but I didn't ask the rep at that moment because I thought that probably there was another way (probably manual) to move the front seats to enter back.

I think that this a very interesting question to ask to the evoqueexpert.

Regards

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrived: Pure coupe SD4 Fuji White with auto lights and wipers, xenon, leather, pano roof, fogs and style 2 18s.
Gone: Audi TT 2.0T manual gearshift
07-07-2011 09:09pm
Owend

Good idea, hopefully he'll read this post.......

but as it seems others have experienced this it might be a feature.....

my wife even said .. "imagine if it was raining and you had to let someone out the back of the car... you'd be soaked by the time you got back in..

and she's right...it's a real put off
07-07-2011 10:05pm
vinda

Yeah. Real slow. Super annoying
07-07-2011 10:14pm
Alex

I don't understand the problem as the seat just tilts forwards with the latch to get into the vehicle? Normally you don't necessarily have to slide a seat forward everytime you get in and out of a coupe.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
08-07-2011 07:08am
vision*R

If your seat is in a normal position, it will be very difficult to get to the back without moving the front seat forward.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
08-07-2011 07:14am
HA54SYM

Depends on the length of the doors, and how far back the seat or how tall the passenger is.

For our 3 door Golf we always have to slide forward and tilt.

Really hope this is not the case as the 5 doors just does not look right for me.

Dave
08-07-2011 08:08am
Owend

(08-07-2011 08:08am)HA54SYM Wrote:  Depends on the length of the doors, and how far back the seat or how tall the passenger is.

For our 3 door Golf we always have to slide forward and tilt.

Really hope this is not the case as the 5 doors just does not look right for me.

Dave

I saw a Firenze Red Dynamic Coupe and the Brussels Live Show, and my wife wanted to try out the rear seat access for our little girl, Electric front seats were folded forward and the button pressed to slide the seat forward, well I could have easily gone off and ordered another glass of champers (and drank it) before there was enough space for my wife to climb in. She's 52 kilos and 1m 72cm. Lots of people commented on how long it took, I made the assumption it was because the battery was nearly dead. From reactions to this thread it seems others have also encountered it. I've spoken to my dealer, so far..no feedback. I would like to order the coupe, but not if this is (as Bill Gates puts it when windows screw up again....) a feature of the product
08-07-2011 09:48am
Blackseries

I've not seen a Coupe on display that didn't have either a flat battery or one going flat therefore I would reserve judgement until the Unleashed event. However I must say the BMW / Mercedes way of being able to manually slide the seat forward quickly (as well as having an electrical assistance button) seems the best solution.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
08-07-2011 09:59am